Emby not starting with elevated permissions

nairnmonster
Go to solution Solved by nairnmonster,

nairnmonster

Hi,

I had an issue recently where Emby was unable to write to any of the storage locations. This turned out to be a permissions issue, on playing around more I found that Emby was not running as administator even though the only profile in the os was admin.

I set embyserver.exe to "Run as administrator" for start up. When I manually start the server using this, I get the Emby tray and everything is working as expected.

However, when I reboot the actual server OS. Emby will not start, so I tried to set up a schedual for this. Emby server would launch but Emby tray would not show. I have done some reading through the forums for this and see that Emby tray cannot be started when Emby server is run as a service. But why would it not run if this server is just set to run as administrator on login?

Without the server being run as admin, I cannot amend any artwork and all new added content will download the artwork to another cache location not in actual media folder.

Is there a way to have Emby server run with elevated permisisons at startup and keep the Emby tray running too?

• Solution
nairnmonster

I got it working, I left the Run server at startup ticked. I guess this starts the app before the schedule I created could run and cause there is already an active instance it wouldn't start a second.

So basically, remove "Run server at start up" Create a schedule to embyserver.exe which has "Run this program as an administrator" ticked and Bingo!

• Thanks 1