Music

berrick

Koleckai Silvestri

There is a little headway behind the scenes. Nothing so far in the app though. Might be a good idea to specify what you expect from music support. That way the developers can add it if they can.

swhitmore

I love the way WMC handles music, especially the way it keeps running in the background while browsing photos, other music etc. It's very easy to add to a running playlist. I think mimicking the music control (not necessarily the UI) of WMC would be a good start. One thing I really love, is the popup that appears when a song starts (if not on the play screen) i.e. if I'm playing a photo slideshow, when the song starts, a popup shows the album art and song info.

Edited by swhitmore
  • Like 3

gcoupe

+1 for something along the lines of how WMC handles music. Being able to browse my music collection via Albums, Artists, Album Artists, Genres, Songs, Playlists, Composers and Years all give great flexibility - unmatched by anything else that I've seen.

The Composers browser is particularly valuable to me, since I have a lot of classical music in the collection.

Also, I like the way I can jump around in the Albums and Artists view by typing the first letter in on my remote or keyboard. I just wish that this feature was present for the Composers list as well.

• Like 1

gcoupe

One other thing that I would like to see in the Music section is being able to search on the Composer tag. WMC can do this, but MBT and Plex only search in the titles and artist tags as far as I can see.

• 2 weeks later...
berrick

Functionality would be nice. Music is more important to me than video  :)

Play all tracks/album, pause, stop, play. I apologies if that is already in place but I cant find where it is if it is ;)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Any advances on the audio front?  I too am a little more audio driven than video.  I love the MBT interface, just wish i could find an easy way to pause, ffwd,rew, etc. while listening to my music. 

I did stumble upon the ability to use my Vista MCE Remote Control (VRC-1100) that would allow me to pause and play music.  But would love to see the controls on my display. 

Hi,

Give the Win 8 app a try. The music interface is great. With all the direct play improvements made and coming soon it has become my Win client of choice. Live TV is also further along than MBT although still seems a work in progress. 

My opinion, your mileage may vary.

Thanks Vicpa.  Unfortunately I am running Windows 7 at the moment.  Just got my whole system started, not sure if i want to turn it just yet.  It does sound like it is something I should do, considering the fact that I also want the Live TV piece to be a little more seamless.  I really like the MBT interface over Classic, but the Live TV isn't there yet.  Appreciate the reply. 

• 5 years later...