Playback issue on Mibox

flipside

flipside

HI All

Over the last week or so ive been having some playback issues on my mibox. Ive tried a number of options including factory restting the mibox and clearing up on the server removing plugins etc  but its still slow and play back is very stop start, but works fine on the shield

Ive attached a snapshot of my log from the time I  last tested im hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

EMBY server running on Synology NAS 412+ , old but is still only maxing out at around 80-90% mem and cpu when under load

All devices are wired with a 1Gb connection from the NAS and 100Mb connection to the MiBox via a UGREEN ethernet-usb adapter

Edited by flipside

Bart91106

Recently I had this issue. It wasn't my MiBox, but my internet. I reset vs restarting my internet and this solved the problem. I hope this helps.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8705F using Tapatalk

flipside

Recently I had this issue. It wasn't my MiBox, but my internet. I reset vs restarting my internet and this solved the problem. I hope this helps.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8705F using Tapatalk

Thank you and Ill give it  a try but this is all local and runs find on the Shield

flipside

What are the issues?

Where's the log?

Do you have screen shots?

What are the issues? Its very slow to  start playing and playback freezes intermitantly making it pretty much unsuable

Where's the log? Should have been attached as per my comment in the post but seems to have got lost in the ether, have added here

Do you have screen shots? I can supply them  but all we have is a spinning blue circle wait icon which wont give you much

mibox_slow_log.txt

Can you please attach the complete emby server log? if there was an ffmpeg log, please attach that as well. thanks.

Sammy

One thing to keep in mind with MiBox S is that you need to limit the streaming rate to 40mpbs. Anything over that will stutter. I just switched out a bunch of ShieldTV's for MiBox S' at a handsome profit but my server can handle the transcoding and only one of my 10 TV's is worth having a higher bit rate and that maybe is questionable as it is 1080p Panasonic Plasma (at my viewing distance, 4k isn't going to make a difference) and the AVR is the same era, both about 7 years old now.

At any rate, I'm interested in seeing what's going on. You should enable logging in the MiBox too.

Emby for Android TV/Fire TV and Emby for Roku Logs

These apps have the option to send an app log to us electronically.  You enter the settings page and turn on the "Debug Options".  Now there will be a new tile on your home page settings row (or menu option on the user menu at the top) labelled "Send Log".  Reproduce your problem and then use this button to send the log.  Then add the following information to your report in the forum:

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

flipside

Can you please attach the complete emby server log? if there was an ffmpeg log, please attach that as well. thanks.

ok ill re run tonight so its at least the close to the end of the log file for ease of access

flipside

One thing to keep in mind with MiBox S is that you need to limit the streaming rate to 40mpbs. Anything over that will stutter. I just switched out a bunch of ShieldTV's for MiBox S' at a handsome profit but my server can handle the transcoding and only one of my 10 TV's is worth having a higher bit rate and that maybe is questionable as it is 1080p Panasonic Plasma (at my viewing distance, 4k isn't going to make a difference) and the AVR is the same era, both about 7 years old now.

At any rate, I'm interested in seeing what's going on. You should enable logging in the MiBox too.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Cool  i fire this off at the same time

Oh and 10 TV's ... woah :)

Edited by flipside

flipside

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem - Trying to play Red Dwarf s9:e2 - Back to Earth. File took around 20 seconds to open and then froze after 4-5 secons of playback, started again and then froze
  • The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5) - 13:25
  • The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time - embysvr

emby server log.txt

emby server ffmeg log.txt

Edited by flipside
  • Like 1

Sammy

Cool  i fire this off at the same time

Oh and 10 TV's ... woah :)

I had 11 but my Daughter's, now out of the picture, ex sold one of them while he was living here without talking to me. To keep the peace I finally had to let it go but I'm still pissed! :angry:

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1

Hi.  That isn't an ffmpeg log.  That is a server log.  Was there an ffmpeg log?  Based on the activity in the server log, there should have been an ffmpeg log as well.

Also, the app log you sent did not contain any playback.  Did you send the log immediately after that playback attempt?

flipside

sorry all ill come back to this later , have some intersting times at home as my sons got a high temp and my wifes shielded