Live TV - Channels

martinc666

martinc666

Hello,

I'm new one here, just started using LiveTV in emby and have few questions:

1. Is it possible to modify some config files for keyboard and remote keys? e.g. to switch channel up -> page up..

2. How to force emby to ignore channel number from m3u file and enforce it's own order

3. I've read that in TVGuide section is not yet possible to watch liveTV while it's opened. Is It planned as a feature in near future? ;]

4. Can I create any shortcut, so If I press the key, it will start playing channel, which is currently highlighted in TV Guide.

5. Regarding TV Guide Data Providers, would it be possible for me to modify how emby interpreters those XMLTV files?

@@cayars

Edited by Luke

1 No

2 remove them from M3U file or change the channel numbers.  It's far better to install and learn to use xTeVe as this will make make this type of thing much easy.

3 Not sure what you're asking for here.  There is a mini guide that can be shown while TV is playing on most clients if that's what you mean.

4 You can have favorites that you mark to make it quicker to access but no shortcut of buttons

5 No that is built in.  But Emby reads all important info so you can modify the xml file outside of Emby.  That's sort of the idea behind xTeVe mentioned above.

Let us know if you have any other questions,

Carlo

martinc666

1. Is it possible to emulate 'channel up', 'channel down' on PC? cause you know I have this installed on HTPC. Also have you been thinking as a feature to allow to modify "Keyboard and Remote Support" or at least allow everything to work with regular keyboard. 

2. Doable, but every few months I will have new M3U file and will have to do it all over or prepare script for it. Didn't know about xTeVe, will check it. 

3. You use "control-g" and TV guide opens up, that TV Guide I meant. How to access this mini-guide, is there some shortcut on keyboard?

4. Have you thought about changing current behaviour of navigation in LiveTV. IN my setup in Kodi You just open TV (TV guide opens itself) and click to play channel, just 2 clicks. Been thinking to switch to emby, with movies and TV, but now in Emby you need to Open TV, go to TV Guide, click to open channel then click to play. You want to get back to main view, you need to go back to channel view and then back to TV guide (not very efficient)

5. In my case I have TVXML provided by 3th party via http and it's being updated every few days, so modifying it would be very painful. Where can I found info what emby reads and how?

It sounds like you are you Kodi on your HTPC? If so what are you using for Emby?

There may be things that can be done if using Kodi but I'd not be the person to give advice as I don't use it.

I gave up on HTPCs years ago and just use dedicated hardware these days which I personally find much easy to use with more of the functionality my family/friends want.

Some of the things you asked are essentially the same as asked in the first message.  Get yourself a copy of xTeVe as it will make your life easier.

martinc666

There were few reasons. First I've choose Emby casuse it has shared library out of the box. I've tried SQL solution for KODI, but it worked badly.

Other reasons.. It has software software optimized for many different platforms. I mean interface is pretty much the same across the platforms and easy to use. Last, but not least It has option to send to chromecast. 

Still using HTPC, as It more flexible for me, eg. I have some scripts unpacking and organizing files for me, I have remote configured for it (one click and all is on/off) and other stuff.

What about this mini-guide, how to access it? 

and one last thing, same questions again just to be sure, so you can't change channels from Windows? :)

Almost forget, where is some doc. how Emby interpreter these XMLTV files or is it some standard? and uncle google can answer?

Edited by martinc666

Emby supports all the typical xmltv standard file components for IPTV.

You can surely change channels in windows but not with hot keys.  You just use the GUI using standard nav keys.

I don't know if the mini guide is available via Kodi or not.  It's available on Theater and Android for sure.  Maybe someone with Kodi experience can answer this one for you.

Android and Theater are IMHO the most advanced and polished interfaces and also the most used.

Spaceboy

Definitely look at xteve if you want a way I’d easily cutting down your provider m3us. If also has function to ingest xmltv files and generate m3u and xmltv files to emby that are they Bly what you want to see there. It’s been a lifesaver for me as a heavy live tv user