Audio Fails to Play on Random Videos

boardwarp

boardwarp
Hullo! I'm running Emby in a Docker container and  trying to figure out why some videos in my library have no audio when played with Emby. Audio is fine for these files in VLC and other apps. I can't identify a pattern for impacted files, except that they tend to appear in chunks of sequential episodes. Even within  a single season, some files are muted while others aren't.

I enabled verbose logging and compared a muted and a normal file (filtered out webserver lines: `tail -f -n 0 .docker/emby2/logs/embyserver.txt | grep -v HttpServer`), but there was no significant difference: https://www.diffchecker.com/iWVlnnzD (Good video on the left in red, muted video on the right in green)

Edited by boardwarp

boardwarp

Sorry, here's the full logs for that timeframe. Let me know if you need more either side :)

emby.txt

Edited by boardwarp

What is the audio format? Can you attach a copy of the media info from the bottom of the web app detail screen? Thanks.

Hi, that's only the media info of the audio track. Can you provide the complete media info for the entire file? Thanks.

Ok, there's nothing obvious here. can you provide a sample video for testing? thanks.

arrbee99

Do you know or does it matter what they're failing to play in - browser, Theater, everything ?

arrbee99

Tried that file in Firefox, Chrome and new Edge. All played video and audio ok. Firefox said direct streaming, the other two said direct playing.

This is just on Windows. Non of this Docker stuff.