Show Album Artist in tracks

llondru

llondru

Hi there! New to Emby : coming from Plex and trying to sort out the best way to tag and display my classical music collection:

First things first: when tagging I'm working with composers as Album artists and performers as Artists.

The issue here is that an album may have different composers (very common) , thus I cannot get to show the album artist tag (see below) in each track (song) 

giFtBAH.jpg

I see in tracks Artists instead in each track , which is not highly relevant as they are normally the same throughout the album.

Is there any workaround?

Using composers as artists and performers as album artists would not work, as the main criteria for sorting albums are composers, and emby only allows filtering albums by album artists.

To wrap up with an analogy : It makes sense to treat albums the same as you would experience in a live concert of classical music : You go to a venue to listen to works of different composers (that's why they give you the hand programme, which details each work + movements = tracks , along with the composer of each work, but the performers stay the same throughout the concert 

FrostByte

There are several feature requests for adding the composer id tag to Emby if you want to jump on one of them and add your input

llondru

There are several feature requests for adding the composer id tag to Emby if you want to jump on one of them and add your input

Thanks for answering, the fact is that the most comprehensive thread I found about this topic is from 2016 and still no solution for that is a bit discouraging.

I have to found yet a media-server that can run with my NAS and can accomodate the needs of a nerdy-classical-music-guy

• Like 1

We plan to extend composer support in future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
unisoft
On 05/05/2020 at 02:38, Luke said:

We plan to extend composer support in future updates. Thanks for the feedback.

Is that using the composer ID3v2 tags COMPOSER and COMPOSERSORT?

In my tags, each composer name is separated by using ";" which is what Microsoft supported in Windows. Are you going to accept using this separator or wanting everyone to change to an "emby" way (e.g. comma)?

example composer ID3v2 tag: "Annie Lennox;Dave Stewart;Nile Rodgers"