Initial User Login

Erik
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Erik

Hello,

Just a quick question, when I log into my user from the web browser, it always opens the settings dashboard first. However, on my friends separate MBS, when he logs in it goes to the Home page.

I couldn't find a setting, but don't know why 2 nearly identical installations are doing 2 different things for me.

Thanks,

Erik

• Solution

admin users go to the dashboard. others go to the library

• Like 1

AdrianW

What happened to the clickable user icon login screen?

I'm now getting this instead: 

t8f7fsG.png

Can we get the old login screen back please?

Or is there some option that I'm overlooking?

Edited by AdrianW

Happy2Play

What happened to the clickable user icon login screen?

I'm now getting this instead: 

t8f7fsG.png

Can we get the old login screen back please?

Or is there some option that I'm overlooking?

Do you have "Hide this user from login screens" checked?

Dashboard-Users-Advanced controls

AdrianW

Do you have "Hide this user from login screens" checked?

Dashboard-Users-Advanced controls

No. 

I have four users, mine (admin) plus three standard - none with passwords and none have that "hide" option checked.

I believe this is a change in design for mobile clients to make them more secure.  You must be on the dev server.

Koleckai Silvestri

No. 

I have four users, mine (admin) plus three standard - none with passwords and none have that "hide" option checked.

If you access via Localhost, you get the User images... http://localhost:8096/etc...

If you access via IP address, you get the username and password prompt... http://10.0.0.5:8096/etc...

It appears the server can't tell if you're on the same LAN or not

AdrianW

Yes, I'm on the dev release. And I'm using an IP address to access the sever (which is under my TV).

This must have been a very recent change though, as I had been getting the icon based login up until late last week.

Hopefully it can be changed back - or at least an option added to switch between the two login styles.

Koleckai Silvestri

It should probably to check the IP subnet and present the icon login if they match.. Most people will not have multiple subnets in their home. So if the first three octets of the IP Addresses match, present the old method. If they do not, then use the more secure username and password form.

• Like 1

Erik

Thanks Luke, however, they were both admin accounts. I figured out that one of server setups was using the IE shortcut via localhost and the other by the servers IP. Using the localhost server it always skips the password requirement and goes to the admin account home screen (Last user I assume). When using the IP address, then it works as you described.

Thanks,

Erik

The logic I put in MBC to determine local vs. remote was that I look for "localhost" or an IP address that starts with 192.168 or 127.0 or 172.16 or 10.0.

There may be others I've missed but those are the ones I am currently treating as "local access".

techywarrior

The logic I put in MBC to determine local vs. remote was that I look for "localhost" or an IP address that starts with 192.168 or 127.0 or 172.16 or 10.0.

There may be others I've missed but those are the ones I am currently treating as "local access".

The only range you are missing is 169.254.0.0 to 169.254.255.255

The only range you are missing is 169.254.0.0 to 169.254.255.255

I'll add that.  Thx.

AdrianW

Yay! - icon logins are back  :D - much more user friendly:

EHIiJfG.png