27 replies to this topic

#21 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51885 posts
  • Local time: 02:27 PM

Posted 08 May 2020 - 01:54 PM

The same place you just were to turn the visibility back on.  EMC calls it a PIN but it is just asking for your normal password for the user - but, for the purposes of EMC, you should just use numbers.

#22 Ronstang OFFLINE  

Ronstang

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 01:27 PM

Posted 09 May 2020 - 11:06 AM

I tried both my current password and my previous one and neither worked.  WMC reported invalid password....but it's the exact password I used to log into EMBY on my HTPC.  It's not numbers but it works perfectly on the HTPC

• jachin99 likes this

#23 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51885 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:07 PM

If it isn't numbers, how did you enter it on the Xbox?

Please try creating a 4-digit numeric PIN (you can do this and still keep your other password) and see if that works.

#24 Ronstang OFFLINE  

Ronstang

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:35 PM

OK, I finally fixed it.  I just had to change the password once again and it connects now.  Thank you 

#25 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51885 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 02:04 PM

Excellent.  Thanks.

#26 Ronstang OFFLINE  

Ronstang

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 01:38 AM

Unfortunately it appears I wasted our time.  Emby is super slow on my XBOX 360s.  I guess my collection is too big and the cover art is too much because it won't show most and it takes forever to show those that it does.  I tested EMBY on an older FIre Stick TV last night and it worked great....looks like I'll be buying a couple more of those and leave the XBOXs for the kids because all they do is watch YouTube

#27 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51885 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 08:34 AM

Unfortunately it appears I wasted our time.  Emby is super slow on my XBOX 360s.  I guess my collection is too big and the cover art is too much because it won't show most and it takes forever to show those that it does.  I tested EMBY on an older FIre Stick TV last night and it worked great....looks like I'll be buying a couple more of those and leave the XBOXs for the kids because all they do is watch YouTube

I think you will be much happier in the long run there.

Thanks.

#28 Ronstang OFFLINE  

Ronstang

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 12:10 AM

Thanks for all your help.  I'm a real movie buff and collector and I remember Media Browser from over a decade ago.  I used it to catalog my small DVD collection at the time and thought it was awesome.....I took a long hiatus and came back to my movie collection, now HUGE back in November 19 and found EMBY and absolutely love it.  I finally got around to compressing all my recorded movies and then had no way to browse and play them in WMC.  EMBY is a great solution all around and I really like it on the Fire Stick.  You guys have done a great job.  I'm hard to impress but I am with EMBY.  Thanks for a great solution that is well thought out and feature rich.  I'm looking forward to watching all my movies now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users