Music Tab?

Lighthammer

Lighthammer

I feel like I am missing something here.

I've looked through the forums and the read me / wiki and I can't seem to find anything on the topic.

I am of the impression that if I properly add music to the library and properly flag it as music, it should show up on the Media Browser Theater client as a music tab (IE: Movies | TV | Apps | Folders).

I'm unable to make the client add a Music tab nor a Picture tab despite the folders showing up under folders.

I've tried removing, readding and re scanning the folders to no avail. 

The path I am using for the music is:

D:\Shares\Public\Shared Music\Albums\

Beyond that the music is sorted by:

\Artist\Album\Song

I've also tried going one step lower and declaring folders with the artist.

I've also manually updated the metadata under Metadata Manager to ensure they have the proper MusicBrainz IDs.

For the picture folders, I declared straight up to the folder where the pictures were located.

My movies and tv series show up fine.

I seem to also be having similar problems with the NESBox and SNESBox but that's probably another topic!

Thanks for any help you can provide!

it will show up under folders. we are still working on a custom music interface for MBT. Stay tuned for it.

Lighthammer

Ok. so I'm not going insane. This is good to know. 

Would it be advisable at this stage to leave my music / pictures / games unadded to reduce database quirks or is this largely dealt with well enough?

there's no quirk. we just haven't done any special presentation for music yet. but you can still get to it from the generic folder display