Password Recovery

raymondjpg

raymondjpg

Is there some way to recover the password for Theater login set in Server dashboard? I've tried the forgotten password trick that generates a new pin in userdata, but that would not work even when pin login was enabled in Server, possibly because Theater and Server are on the same PC.

I was eventually able to discover the password through Firefox Security options once I sussed that the Server login was a localhost address. But what if "Remember me" has been disabled?

I have yet to try the pin login for Theater on an Emby installation on my LAN. But if that works, how does one then to proceed to recovering the password?

This may have been addressed before, but I was unable to find a post that addressed password recovery specifically.

raymondjpg

Hi, what do you mean by would not work?

Using the PIN instead of password evoked an error something like username or password not correct,

My understanding is that a PIN can be used in place of a password.

Edited by raymondjpg

Using the PIN instead of password evoked an error something like username or password not correct,

My understanding is that a PIN can be used in place of a password.

That's not the forgot password process. It gives you exact instructions of what to do. Can you please try following those and let us know if you still have an issue? Thanks.

raymondjpg

That's not the forgot password process. It gives you exact instructions of what to do. Can you please try following those and let us know if you still have an issue? Thanks.

Thanks. I see now.

My mistake. Eyesight is not too good and I missed the early part of the message about visiting a hyperlink.

Edited by raymondjpg