How to backup server and restore

loginletter@gmail.com

loginletter@gmail.com

I just install and use emby from last week. I install the server on win10

I used it mostly on PC and apple tv app. Suddenly, I found it cannot find the existing server on apple tv.

I try to use it on firefox of PC. It shows "http://localhost:8096"cannot be connect.

I restart the server from taskbar icon many times. It still cannot work, even restart the PC.

I cannot find the emby server icon on start menu, even after couple times of PC restart.

Eventually, I re-install the emby server, and found that all metadata of the past week work (over hundred hours) has been vanished.

Since I has data bank for over 4 thousand movies, I work hard to find the in-recognize and mismatch movies data, and matched manually inside emby before.

After re-install server and setup those media library, it can only recognize the picture, not the right name of the movie.

I afraid that will happen again. I try emby also according to the server lost of other emby competitor, which has been used for many years.

Can you teach me how can I backup the server and restore those manually matched movie data? to avoid another disaster happen again, even change PC? Thank you

@@cayars

Some is off on the PC for that to happen.  Run a check disk to make sure there isn't something needing to be corrected.

Are you running the installed version or portable version?