Finding a way to get MB to do everything I want

Savage13

Never used it before but I'm willing to give it a shot.  Will it affect the quality of the file?  I turned these into MKV at full quality as I do not want compression.

No, it will just append the second file to the first one.

In the last playback session - where you said you let the intro complete itself it looks like TMT starts and then shuts itself down immediately (1/2 second later):

2014-07-09 06:52:36.1465,Info,,Navigating within WMC to C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\PlayerLoader.htm?uri=//MEDIA/Media/Movies/Pixar/Finding Nemo,48,Worker thread for Play Action
2014-07-09 06:52:36.2655,Debug,,Watching TMT folder: C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Roaming\ArcSoft,48,Worker thread for Play Action
2014-07-09 06:52:36.6585,Info,,Received web socket message: UserDataChanged,51,
2014-07-09 06:52:39.2766,Debug,,uMCEPlayer5 has started,54,Worker thread for Wait for process to exit
2014-07-09 06:52:39.7617,Debug,,uMCEPlayer5 has exited,54,Worker thread for Wait for process to exit
2014-07-09 06:52:39.7617,Debug,,TotalMedia Theatre 5 WMC Add-On playback finished,54,Worker thread for Wait for process to exit

I wonder if it is either crashing or automatically exiting because it thinks that something else is still playing in the WMC player.

I can try and put a small delay between the intros playing and the external launching and see if that helps...

Savage13

Ok let's see if that helps.  Does it still looking like the intro isn't stopping in the internal player when it's done?

No, it looks like everything completed properly.  TMT just exited on its own.

If you would please set your update level to Dev in MBC and update to the version I just put up (192) then you can try again and see if it makes any difference.  It's a bit of a long shot but worth a shot.  Thanks.

Savage13

Ok so in this log first I played another movie (DVD rip in Video_TS) with a tagged intro, no problems.  Then I tried to play Fellowship of the Rings (currently the MKV version) with the same tagged intro...and no intro plays.  I also then played Finding Nemo a couple of times (BDMV) with hitting STOP while the intro plays which launched into TMT5 no issues (other than a slight delay in audio, but skipping back fixes that).  I then played Finding Nemo again but let the intro play through, and the movie never passes to TMT5.

Still can't get BDMV folder structures to recognize by the server as multi-part/multi-disc movies.  

MBClassic-9720146a534e4729fe4954af950330342c673c.log

Savage13

You're the man!  It works beautifully now, launches into TMT no problem!

I also tried fellowship as a regular movie (no 2 parts) and the intro worked fine there, so it is an issue with multi-part movies.  Hopefully this can be fixed?

Now my question is:  Do you think it's possible to get multi-disc movies to work with BDMV file structure?  If not, is there a way to modify the BDMV file structure to put two parts together and get them to play?  I'd really love to not have to go through any such movies and have to convert them all.  

Edited by Savage13

I'm kinda surprised but I'm glad it worked :).

I'll look into the intros with multi-part items.

On the BD rips - that is a server issue.  I think Luke is aware of it so, hopefully, it will get addressed in this upcoming or the next release.

Actually I'm not aware of any issue. In post #21 I asked for some information so I'm held up here until I get it.

I think he needs more info on your exact setup and a log from a library scan.

Try your multi-part item with the intro in the new MBC Beta (193).

Savage13

Well as far as my setup I'm running my HTPC with a core i3, and the majority of my media is on an UNRAID media server.  There are also some files (temporary tv episodes) on the computer itself.  My file structure for the Blu Ray in question as far as the multi-disc set up is concerned is as follows:

Movies

Other

Middle-Earth Series

Lord of the Rings[boxset]

Fellowship of the Ring

Fellowship of the Ring - Disc 1

BDMV folder

Fellowship of the Ring - Disc 2

BDMV folder

I have attached a portion of the media browser server debug log that includes a library scan.

Also...EBR, you are once again the man!  Now if I use the MKV version of the movie as a two part movie, the intro plays!  You rock!  If it comes down to it I could use MKV and convert my movies and then find some way to switch frame rates on the fly and map it to my remote...but this would be so much easier if we can get BDMV folder structure to recognize as multi-disc movies and get them to play in TMT.  

MBS Log.txt

Savage13

You're helping ME so I'm willing to try anything you ask  :D

I gave it a shot but no change on the server end in regards to it showing as having an additional part 

Even once we get the server to recognize the multi BD rip, I'm not sure TMT is going to work because I don't think we can pass it multiple items to play.

Luke is going to need to see a whole log - from startup including the initial library scan.

Oh, shoot, I'm sorry.  Your server is not in debug logging mode so that doesn't really contain much information...

Savage13

According to the server's web interface it IS in debug mode....

Also...is there an EASY way with MKV to do automatic framerate switching?  Keep in mind I don't have a dedicated graphics card (I use shark007 to play MKV's now).  

I think MPC-HC can do automatic refresh rate switches and plays MKVs well.  We also have better integration with it than we do TMT.  No BD menus though.

Savage13

I was using the web interface log.  Perhaps this, directly from the appdata section of the HTPC, would work better as a log.  

I'll give a look at MPC-HC while we're waiting to hear back on the multi-disc BDMV.  Too bad there isn't a way to simply merge BDMV folders or files so they play as one.  Or is there?

server-63540604212.txt

Edited by Savage13

Okay, the only multi-part video that is recognized in there is the mkv version.  You still have the bdmv version in the library, right?

Yep that one is not seen as multi-part.

If you're willing, try re-naming the bdmv folders to "video_ts".  They obviously won't play but I'm interested in whether or not we will recognize them as multi-part properly.

You're helping ME so I'm willing to try anything you ask  :D

I gave it a shot but no change on the server end in regards to it showing as having an additional part 

Okay, so, maybe somewhere along the line we broke this functionality for all folder rips.  Thanks.