I may have made a big mistake

knightbringer

knightbringer

Browsing MediaBrowser on xbox 360 is painfully slow.  So, I followed these instructions to make my browsing faster.

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/08/speeding-up-media-browser-using-a-flash-drive.html

It didn't work.  It actually broke Media Browser on my xbox 360 extender (still works on PC).  I tried reversing it according to the comments by moving the directory back and deleting the mklink(junction), but it's still not working.

The user profiles were loading fine, but when I would select one it gave the following error "Access to the path 'C:\Program Data\MediaBrowser-Classic\Styles_DoNotEdit.mcml' is denied"

I tried deleting the user profiles and then creating a new one, but now it just gives the error when MediaBrowser is first opened (it wouldn't error before until I picked a user).

Not sure what else to do except un-install Media Browser and then re-install it but I don't want to do that after spending the last 3 days straight customizing it for my HTPC.

Any ideas?

Cheesegeezer

Browsing MediaBrowser on xbox 360 is painfully slow.  So, I followed these instructions to make my browsing faster.

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/08/speeding-up-media-browser-using-a-flash-drive.html

It didn't work.  It actually broke Media Browser on my xbox 360 extender (still works on PC).  I tried reversing it according to the comments by moving the directory back and deleting the mklink(junction), but it's still not working.

The user profiles were loading fine, but when I would select one it gave the following error "Access to the path 'C:\Program Data\MediaBrowser-Classic\Styles_DoNotEdit.mcml' is denied"

I tried deleting the user profiles and then creating a new one, but now it just gives the error when MediaBrowser is first opened (it wouldn't error before until I picked a user).

Not sure what else to do except un-install Media Browser and then re-install it but I don't want to do that after spending the last 3 days straight customizing it for my HTPC.

Any ideas?

Can you supply both Server and MBC logs please.

See my signature for More info ;)

Deihmos

Windows media center on the Xbox is slow and such a horrible experience. I would suggest investing in a standalone machine.

knightbringer

Windows media center on the Xbox is slow and such a horrible experience. I would suggest investing in a standalone machine. 

I know but I have gamer kids and they have xbox's so I'm just wanting to get it to work so they have that option.  Also, right now it's the only thing that reliably plays on the xbox once you finally navigate through the menus to get the movie started.

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not cause you to lose any configurations.

However, it sounds like whatever you've done is at a lower level than MB.  Have you tried deleting and re-adding the extender via WMC?

knightbringer

Disassociating and reassociating the extender in WMC did not work, but I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MediaBrowser server and Media browser classic.  That worked.  Everything is how it was before.

Thanks for all the help!!