NONE of my users can login MY Premier

okypinoky

okypinoky

When Steve Jobs died - every company said to heck with "It just works".

I purchased a Emby Premier and pasted the Emby Premier Key from my email onto the page within my Emby server page.  I have a nice gold waste of money icon on the Dashboard.  I then added each of my kids onto the Users section of the Emby server - no Emby Connect user name or password necessary.  My kids have downloaded the Emby app onto each of their iPhone devices, all running the most recent iOS, albeit on various years iPhone devices (some are iPhone X, some are iPhone 6, etc...).

NONE of the are able to play any media located on the server.  Every one of them are asked to pay an unlock fee or purchase Emby Premier.

After selecting 'next" on the Welcome to Emby screen on each device, they are asked for a username or password - which they do not have.  If you "skip" and enter the "Host:", I am able to enter the server address with the "Port:" 8096.  Who came up with that type of entry into the system?  When they finally connect, each of the users do show up.  They find their name, select their bland icon and are presented with "My Media".  Selecting "Movies" and any movie, they are presented with the "Unlock Feature".  Even when I log into my name (and enter my username and password), I cannot play any movie.  None.  Everyone asked me to unlock the device.

Am I incorrect that the purchase of Premier allows for me to add users to the account without the need for further payment?  Or, do we have to purchase Premier AND pay a fee to unlock EVERY iOS device?

post-638098-0-34411900-1588128150_thumb.png

post-638098-0-33058200-1588128157_thumb.png

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your troubles. I will help you with this.

If you "skip" and enter the "Host:", I am able to enter the server address with the "Port:" 8096. 

What would you suggest instead? These are the first two pieces of information that need to be collected in order to connect to a server.

Am I incorrect that the purchase of Premier allows for me to add users to the account without the need for further payment?

You are correct, so now we need to look at why this is happening. Does their device have an internet connection? Are they using a vpn?

okypinoky

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your troubles. I will help you with this.

What would you suggest instead? These are the first two pieces of information that need to be collected in order to connect to a server.

You are correct, so now we need to look at why this is happening. Does their device have an internet connection? Are they using a vpn?

When going thru the setup process, especially if you know nothing of how the app functions, and the first screen asks for a user name and password, it is not intuitive to simply pass and not enter anything.  A short blurb would be helpful.  Just my 2 cents.

We do use a VPN on our computers but, so far, that has not hampered our use of the system inside the network.  I will be interested in seeing what is said about VPNs.  On the other hand, all of the boys have Circle, a service that monitors (and if necessary, bans) internet activity and uses VPN to conduct such monitoring.  I have whitelisted Emby by allowing "emby.media", "sectigo.com" and "mb3admin.com".  It is possible that I am missing a whitelist site, so please let me know if I am off base.

I would also like to mention, while I have an audience, that the "Trailers" function does not seem to recognize my Premier.  When selecting that function on any device, I receive a small blue box advising that Premier is required.

Thanks for the assistance.

R/

Oky

Can you capture the contents of the browser debug console? I think we will probably still see that those requests are failing due to the domain not being reachable. Thanks.

okypinoky

Can you capture the contents of the browser debug console? I think we will probably still see that those requests are failing due to the domain not being reachable. Thanks.

I would be glad to.  Can I ask for instructions on exactly what you need and I'll send them over.

In chrome right click anywhere then click Inspect. This will open the console. Then refresh the web app and try again. From there you can just copy and paste the console contents. Thanks.