Emby seems to get wrong subtitles all the time. Out of sync

jang430

jang430

Is it because Sonarr renames the episode I download?  Does Emby get subs via original downloaded nzb/ torrent?  Or the renamed episode?  Renamed episode may lose quality such as web-dl, resolution, etc, as I don't really need them.

jang430

Regarding this issue, it's not really that I'm not getting subtitles.  I do get subtitles, and it starts to play with subtitles when I start the video.  Although the subtitle that plays with the video is out of sync.  

I suspect it's getting the wrong quality subtitles from sources such as Addic7ed and Open Subtitles.  

Where is it basing it's retrieval?  Original file name?  Or renamed (after sonarr renames them) file name?  How can I improve it's accuracy?

Where is it basing it's retrieval?  Original file name?  Or renamed (after sonarr renames them) file name?  How can I improve it's accuracy?

Have you explored the subtitle download options for your libraries? You can enable the hash match requirement although you'll get significantly less results when doing so. But that is something you can decide.