Long loading time for start and next episodes.

sesipod

sesipod

Hello all ! 

I am using the latest version of emby theater on windows 10 with all updates applied. When i start an episode there is a long loading time around 15-20 seconds and even in between episodes. There are no issues loading the app to search for eps that I  would like to play there is also no issues after the start and during playing the shows or movies. 

I am using direct play from the server that is located in the same network 192.168.1.144 and my desktop is 192.168.1.100 .. Using my phone and ipad roku they all run very smooth and with nearly no loading times from outside of my house the media loads in about 3 seconds and starts playing.

This is an issue with emby Theater for windows and I'm trying to fix this issue. I have reinstalled Emby Theater I am also making a direct connection to the server by using the IP of the server and port number. I am just a little confused by what might be causing this issue only on my windows pc. 

My windows pc Is way over spec for Emby Theater so there is no issues there with hardware.

CPU: i9-9900k

RAM: 16GB DDR4
M.2: Samsung 960

GBE networking - 100MB/s to the server.

Edited by sesipod

PenkethBoy

What tests have you done?

from the pc that has Et on it - can you browse via windows explorer ok to the server?

done any copy tests of large and small files to see how responsive it is?

do you have IPV6 enabled - if you dont need it turn it off

are your drivers/windows os uptodate

is the network card actually running a 1gig or is it perhaps at 100mb if it is then you copy speed would be maxing at approx 13MB per sec rather than 100MB+ /sec

sesipod

from the pc that has Et on it - can you browse via windows explorer ok to the server?

Yes

done any copy tests of large and small files to see how responsive it is?

This windows 10 machine is directly connected to the NAS / running 3x 1gbe links to the nas and over each of them i can pull full 100+mb/s

do you have IPV6 enabled - if you dont need it turn it off

its off

are your drivers/windows os uptodate

Yes updates done

is the network card actually running a 1gig or is it perhaps at 100mb if it is then you copy speed would be maxing at approx 13MB per sec rather than 100MB+ /sec

Everything is fine on the network side of things. 

--

Like I have said above everything is running at proper speeds I know this from other processes that this pc is running.

So the networking is not the issue here with this one. 3x gbe links at full speed 100+ MB/s no issues.

Using the web browser shows load up just fine no issues / except they are transcending because of the browser. I have to use the ET player as all of my media is H.265

PenkethBoy

have you tried with just one network cable connect in turn

could have a bad cable

also why three network cables to the nas - do you have a switch

using LACP perhaps?

or do each network connection have different ip's - if so what ip does the emby server show on the dashboard?

sesipod

I have tried just a single local area network cable. On the 192 network that is directly on the same as the emby server.

---

As for the nas and networking ...

I have an Enterprise grade network setup in my house .. At this point the 3 cables are all brand new and full tested and working. It's not a cable or switch issue. Three cables attach to the nas for different storage datasets. This is irrelevant to the situation. Each cable have a different ip / network and subnet masks for each appropriate access level.

+-

The cables are fully test at 100mb/s and is not the source of the issue here. If that was to be the issue they would have already been swapped for new and the old destroyed.

sesipod

or do each network connection have different ip's - if so what ip does the emby server show on the dashboard?

192.168.1.144 - stated in the first post.

As everything else is working for my other devices and all wan devices using my server .. the server is not the issue here or I'd have my parents brother and a few friends complaining.

PenkethBoy

well something is it appears is slowing the delivery of the videos to your pc

create a local library on the ET pc and add some content - does that playback ok?

sesipod

It's got to be the app .. as the web version work with no complaint except the transcoding deal.

Might give the windows store version a shot.

Really don't want to setup emby server on the desktop shouldn't be necessary as it's not a bandwidth or performance issue with the PC.

Its got to be the app - is there any longs that can be sent here to be examined?

PenkethBoy

it might be the app - but others would be reporting the same issue - and currently that does not appear to be the case

if the store app works then that would show that

when you play a file with the desktop app - what does the debug server log show - any errors or long times for responses to requests etc

is the server transcoding the file to ET - perhaps - generally should not need to with ET desktop

have you done any changes to the network tab in emby server or is it at default?