New On Emby, Problem with DS218

Gfpiccolo

Gfpiccolo

Hello guys,

i've just bought the Synology DS218 and installed emby 3 days ago. The NAS have one 6TB Seagate Ironwolf Disk on board.

my movie libraries have 250 file FHD and some in 4K

Emby last stable version: 4.4.2.0

I have several playback problems, some fhd movies are played without problems, others continue to freeze to load, still others cause complete emby block and I have to restart it.
i am completely new to NAS and EMBY World, I don't know if I made a mistake in the configuration, if I have to activate (or deactivate) something, both at the NAS and Emby server level.
Could you help me out?

the nas is connected to the router in 1gbps, the tv with cable is limited to 100mbps

it is a lg oled 55c8

thank you very much

I see now in the Emby dashboard, when I start playing one of the problematic movie, the transcoding starts and tells me as motivation "Incompatible subtitles"

Edited by Gfpiccolo

Gfpiccolo

I understand that the problem is transcoding.
I have seen that the client activity appear in Emby Dashboard, the movies in "Direct playback" appear on many FHD and 4K movies and they are seen perfectly.
Others, however, with the transcoding, are unwatchable, continue to lock every 3 seconds.
I probably have to work on those parameters but I don't know where to touch

an example of what i see on problematic movie

post-619413-0-19031600-1587809182_thumb.png

Gfpiccolo

ok, thank you.

here, my logs:

and an example of transcoding ffmpeg

if i disable the subtitle for the movies, the streaming is perfect.

another thing: when trascoding starting, the nas go to 100% use of cpu and ram with a myriad process of mmpeg and mono-sgen what i can do?

thank you

LOG Emby Gfpiccolo.zip

• 1 month later...

Hi there, have you updated to Emby Server 4.4.3? Are you still having an issue with this?

Do you have problems with all subtitles, or is it just the one movie?

If it is just the one, you could try to convert the subtitles to another format that doesn't require transcoding, or try to get Emby to download other subtitles for you. (On the movie page click More -> Edit subtitles.)