Next up order for new episodes/seasons

Janis.S

Janis.S

Right now, the next up list is sorted by last watched. If a new episode gets added, it is sometimes so far down in that list that you don't notice that there is a new episode at all.

That is a problem when you are watching a lot different shows and between longer season breaks.

Default behaviour should be: the latest added episode that isn't marked as watched, with previous episode marked as watched should be put up front.

• Like 1

ginjaninja

one thing to bear in mind is there is a "latest ribbon" separate to the "next up"

considering your particular case,

if i am in the middle of watching 10 different shows, and another show (which i had watched s01 less recently than these other 10 shows) premieries S02E01, i am not so sure that this new show should get bumped to the front of next up.

consider the people who like to not start too many shows at once, or not start a season until whole season has aired..

as well as the fact that the other 10 shows have had epiosdes watched more recently

Edited by ginjaninja

Right now, the next up list is sorted by last watched. If a new episode gets added, it is sometimes so far down in that list that you don't notice that there is a new episode at all.

That is a problem when you are watching a lot different shows and between longer season breaks.

Default behaviour should be: the latest added episode that isn't marked as watched, with previous episode marked as watched should be put up front.

IMO that doesn't really fit the normal use case of Next Up.  The list is sorted by last watched so the series you are watching now are at the front of the list.

What I think  you would like is a way to call attention to the fact that there is a new season that just started in a series you haven't watched in a while - correct?  If so, I really think that should be a separate thing.

ginjaninja

IMO that doesn't really fit the normal use case of Next Up. The list is sorted by last watched so the series you are watching now are at the front of the list.

What I think you would like is a way to call attention to the fact that there is a new season that just started in a series you haven't watched in a while - correct? If so, I really think that should be a separate thing.

calling attention somewhere/somehow to a season premiere or season ending would be usefull to me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

ginjaninja

IMO that doesn't really fit the normal use case of Next Up. The list is sorted by last watched so the series you are watching now are at the front of the list.

What I think you would like is a way to call attention to the fact that there is a new season that just started in a series you haven't watched in a while - correct? If so, I really think that should be a separate thing.

i do believe the next up algorithm does not take proper consideration of half watched content This is particularly apparent on half watched content particularly on s01e01..half watched s01e01 will not even appear on nextup..and more recently half watched content does not appear higher than older fully watched content.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk