Possible to Increase Number of Search Results?

theusedversion
Go to solution Solved by rechigo,

theusedversion

Is there any way to force Emby to return more than 16 movies when doing a search? Is there some file I can edit to have it return something like 50 results or something similar?

This has probably been asked before but I couldn't find any threads about it. I tried searching.

• Solution
rechigo

In searchresults.js (Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\search\searchresults.js) search for "return query.Limit=16" and replace 16 with whatever you want the amount of search results to be

• Like 3

theusedversion

In searchresults.js (Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\search\searchresults.js) search for "return query.Limit=16" and replace 16 with whatever you want the amount of search results to be

Thank you so much.  This worked perfectly!

• 3 months later...
MLetham

I tried doing this and it worked for the web app but not for the iOS app. Is there a hard-coded limit for iOS display, or is there an alternate work-around?

• 3 years later...
EmblemJD

Is this still being looked into @Luke? 50 max results with no way to increase without editing non-persistent config files is very limiting (pun intended)

On that note: Where can I even find the mentioned setting / config in the docker version of Emby Server?

I cannot find it in any of the config subfolders:

• cache
  • config
  • data
  • logs
  • metadata
  • plugins
  • root
  • transcoding-temp

Does it need to be added in the system.xml?

Edited by EmblemJD

EmblemJD

I have now identified the file with a diff and merge version respectively. Unfortunately even when increasing the query.Limit values in both and restarting the server still only 50 results are being returned in the web view. 

• /docker/overlay2/1348b53e87fbf1ca35256dda6b4c6e9c59f848de3207d5391084883d5a734d7c/merged/system/dashboard-ui/search/searchresults.js
  • /docker/overlay2/1348b53e87fbf1ca35256dda6b4c6e9c59f848de3207d5391084883d5a734d7c/diff/system/dashboard-ui/search/searchresults.js

I am getting more and more frustrated with the state of search in Emby which does not seem to improve for years now. I love this project, but having less control in an actual media library than I used to have in Windows Explorer is becoming a major pain :(

adminExitium

Those are the docker overlayfs-specific files. You need to edit the file directly in the container and restart only the server, not the container.

Restarting the container will lose any such changes. If you want it to be persistent, the easiest option would be to copy the file outside, modify it and then mount it, thus overriding the file included as part of the image.

Hi, yes we'll look at improving this. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
wilshere13
On 24/04/2020 at 08:20, rechigo said:

How can I do that ? I want to be able to search for more results