One-liner subtitle positioning

Hrodberht

Hrodberht

Hi guys,

New to this, and I’m loving it so far.

I’ve got a bit of a weird one, more about a fine detail rather than something not working properly.

I couldn’t help but notice that one liners in subtitles are showing on what would be the top row of a two liner rather than the bottom row.

This is consistent over the Chrome web player and the webOS and Tizen apps.

Correct me if I am wrong, but one line parts of a subtitle should show on the bottom row with the top one empty rather than the other way around.

Is this something I can change myself or is there a reason why this is showing this way?

Kind regards,

Robert

Hrodberht

This has been observed while using external SRT and internal SUBRIP.

Default PGSSUB is showing one-liners on the bottom line. However this subtitle seems to be displayed with the default format from the container rather than my customized one from the player's settings (also transcoded due to an unsupported subtitle format, but this is not relevant to my query).

Can you give an example of something that should wrap, perhaps show a screenshot? The browser video player is handling this subtitle rendering for us so this might be tricky. Thanks.

Hrodberht

Please find a clip above. The first and last lines of dialogue show how the ones liners are shown on the top line relative to a two liner.

This is on the webOS app. As I’ve said, consistent with Tizen and Chrome.