Can't change permanently display settings

zimny

Hi guys,

With the latest 2 new releases of Emby for CentOS I'm not able to change display properties under my admin account.

Anything I set over there is gone after re-login or reboot.

There is also no save button but not sure if need it be there.

Simple reporting the issue

Hi Luke

Sure

When I'm changing in display section settings for server dashboard "Settings theme" to dark/red and ticking "Enable backdrops"    when i logoff, close my browser (Firefox) or reboot server then all back again to light without "Enable backdrops" ticked.

So you mean that this setup is keep in browser cache?????

With previous ver of Emby never have that issue

Also this is happening with logoff and login again without closing browser or clear cache

Edited by zimny
  • Like 1

arrbee99

Same in Windows. Sometimes I just refresh the page and I have to log in again and go to the dashboard again and go to display again and change the dashboard to dark again.

So you mean that this setup is keep in browser cache?????

With previous ver of Emby never have that issue

Also this is happening with logoff and login again without closing browser or clear cache

It depends on if the setting is a per device setting or per-user settings. Per user settings are saved on the server and will persist across devices. Device-specific settings will not.

I'm talking about "display" -> "Settings theme:" & "Enable backdrops" settings under server page.

I believe this should be saved in server not browser

unfortunately we can't even address this issue because we are misleading by developers that this is device setup

first time completely disappointment with this guys

maybe something change in next edition for now you will be misleading by @@Luke about it

Per device settings are stored in the device. Fix is the wrong word. Nothing needs to be fixed. What you're asking is can the behavior be changed.

arrbee99

Personally it seems to me something has changed as when set to Dark it stayed Dark. Could it be Firefox loosing settings if info gets cleared out, possibly as I try to chuck stuff out when the browser is closed, though I think the OP doesn't do that so much. It does seem to be fairly new.

Is the default Theme Dark, as that never changes ?

It would be nice if behaviour could, if necessary, be changed, though I guess thats easy for me to say.

Happy2Play

Only way I loose these setting in FireFox, Chrome, Edge, new Edge it to clear my browser cache.  If Emby's cache/history is not maintained you will lose settings.

This is not new behavior, only change is the default value.

arrbee99

Oh well, I've been killing caches and stuff for years and it didn't do this, though admittedly I'm fairly new to Firefox.

Also, does that mean the default has changed to Light ?

Happy2Play

Oh well, I've been killing caches and stuff for years and it didn't do this, though admittedly I'm fairly new to Firefox.

Also, does that mean the default has changed to Light ?

Yes

arrbee99

Yes

Bugger. Thought I saw somewhere Luke said the default hadn't changed, but I'm not going to look it up cause then I'll prove myself wrong :)

Thanks for the info.

arrbee99

Does any of this explain why when I just clicked on refresh while on a TV Series detail screen it took me to the login/user page to login again and reset things to dark again ?

Happy2Play

Does any of this explain why when I just clicked on refresh while on a TV Series detail screen it took me to the login/user page to login again and reset things to dark again ?

What is your connection to Emby?  But I have seen this doing a forced page refresh with Remote ssl connections.

Happy2Play

For me its all on the same physical machine.

I have seen it though beta testing and it comes and goes.  I am not currently seeing it happen on my testing machines.  But if you are seeing Theme changes, then I would suspect something changing your browser cache.

arrbee99

Well if I understood you correctly you said the default theme for the dashboard changed to Light and that seems to get lost when I close Firefox and that setting gets cleared, so I have to set it to Dark again. I think this logging in thing when refreshing a page started about the same time, so I'm wondering if they're connected and if the logging in thing can be fixed, as I presume it shouldn't happen just by refreshing a page, maybe the theme thing can be fixed as well.

Happy2Play

Well if I understood you correctly you said the default theme for the dashboard changed to Light and that seems to get lost when I close Firefox and that setting gets cleared, so I have to set it to Dark again. I think this logging in thing when refreshing a page started about the same time, so I'm wondering if they're connected and if the logging in thing can be fixed, as I presume it shouldn't happen just by refreshing a page, maybe the theme thing can be fixed as well.

Okay with a quick test this is related to the "Remember Me" option on the manual login page.  A browser Refresh cause a disconnect/reconnect as shown on your dashboard when you do a Refresh.

So if set to require password on local network and your Refresh your browser without having "Remember Me" enabled on the user, you are not authenticated on the disconnect/reconnect Refresh.

Happens in the three browsers I have tested.

The theme issues can only be related to browser cache clearing.  Or I believe Premiere validation also.

Edited by Happy2Play

arrbee99

In a browser I don't use the manual login page, just click on an icon and I'm straight in. Maybe I still need to do Remember Me (if I can find it).

Happy2Play

In a browser I don't use the manual login page, just click on an icon and I'm straight in. Maybe I still need to do Remember Me (if I can find it).

Do you have do not require password on local network?  If so login one just entering user name on manual login page.