Max simultaneous video streams problems

zimny

Hi guys,

I'm Premier user and like to use future "Max simultaneous video streams" but I'm having problems with error that i "stream limit exceeded".

The idea is to give one stream per user so this is what i have setup under user profile. In the server global settings I have this future set to unlimited.

I'm using EmbyCon and Embuary and looks like when user is watching something and without clicking stop in player window this is when the error show up. So when you watch something and pick up other title then this is happening. The true is that you can watch on the same device two streams also.

When you click stop first then playing content all is working properly.

So I have played a bit with this Premier future and looks like safe limit per user is 3 streams which I'm not happy because if they connect from different devices my policy 1 stream per user can be abused.

All comments appreciated

@Luke

How are you stopping playback if you are not hitting stop?

Why new playback can't trigger first stop the previous one and then start the new one?

Also like I have mention in  my post the save config for me is 3 under user profile because even if i set to 2 I'm getting this error message :(

For now this functionality of Premier account don't work how should be.

TeamB

Why new playback can't trigger first stop the previous one and then start the new one?

That is what I am trying to work out, how are you stopping your video playback?

When i stop video in video window then all is ok

The problem is when i start watch something in get it in background , search for something new with previous video still playing in the background so then when i click the new video i get this error.

The first one should stop and second one should start

This is on android tv box so truly you can't play two videos in the same time.

I'm trying restrict stream per logged in user and i can agree that this error can show up if the same user is trying play from 2 different devices but this is on the same box

TeamB

This is a limitation on how the Embry server, Kodi and EmbyCon work together, you will have to stop the current video before you start the next one.

Still in my opinion this is not how this should work and for sure not like an Premiere future when basically is not working properly :(

TeamB

EmbyCon is not a premium feature, it is a free Kodi add-on, try switching to one of the alternatives to see if you have any better results.

@@Luke
How log does the active stream take to release the active count when you stop a stream.
In my testing it looks like it hold onto the active count even after stop is called for about 30 seconds. For 30 seconds or so after a video is stopped I still get this from the server when I try to play a new item with a user that has Max simultaneous video streams = 1:

{"MediaSources":[],"ErrorCode":"RateLimitExceeded"}

I remember testing this a while ago but can not find the info on how you expected a client to handle this, is there something special a client needs to do to release a stream?

Edited by TeamB

Hi TeamB

I'm not saying EmbyCon is a premium future only this stream limits

hope you guys find the solution

I'm not a coder :-(

TeamB

Hi TeamB

I'm not saying EmbyCon is a premium future only this stream limits

hope you guys find the solution

I'm not a coder :-(

I think I found the issue, try the latest Beta 1.9.77

I think I found the issue, try the latest Beta 1.9.77

Hi TeamB

Tried and now working ok :-)

Should I stay with beta repo or revert back to stable one?