Backups dumping to Media Library; Playlists reading from it

nstephenh

nstephenh

Hello!

I'm having an issue where a second backup is being generated of my server, in one of my media directories. Normally this wouldn't be too much of an issue, but as it backs up my playlists, it then finds this playlist and lists it in my playlist list. I'd like to not have any duplicate playlists, so when I go to edit one I won't end up with different ones. 

The unwanted backup is timestamped at a different time at by the os than the wanted backup.

Please let me know if there's anything else that would help you diagnose this.

post-91632-0-67417600-1587253461_thumb.png

embyserver.txt

Hi, do you need to store the backups there? Can you configure it to store them elsewhere that is not part of your media library?

Happy2Play

I am confused how "/mnt/Storage/Backups/Emby Backups" is being read in libraries.

As for the libraries Movies and TV look like they have monitoring errors.

2020-04-18 05:00:45.423 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /mnt/virt/TV
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.3.1.0
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz
	Operating system: Unix 11.3.7.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 5.10.1.57 (5.10.1.57 Sat Apr  4 11:28:58 UTC 2020)
	Runtime: file:///usr/local/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system
	System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: persistent kevent() error, error code = '0'
	  at System.IO.KqueueMonitor.Monitor () [0x00121] in <b3922b7d60404fa9ae645f1fb97f5b6b>:0 
	  at System.IO.KqueueMonitor.DoMonitor () [0x0003f] in <b3922b7d60404fa9ae645f1fb97f5b6b>:0 
	Source: System
	TargetSite: Void Monitor()

OT:  I would recommend disabling automatic Port Mapping if you do not use it, it will reduce some of the error logging.

nstephenh

I am confused how "/mnt/Storage/Backups/Emby Backups" is being read in libraries.

As for the libraries Movies and TV look like they have monitoring errors.

OT:  I would recommend disabling automatic Port Mapping if you do not use it, it will reduce some of the error logging.

Also confused by that, that's the problem...

Fixed monitoring errors and disabled upnp, thanks for the suggestions.

Hi, do you need to store the backups there? Can you configure it to store them elsewhere that is not part of your media library?

Luke, the backups are configured in the plugin to store in "/mnt/Storage/Backups/Emby Backups". Additionally, they're also being dumped to my media library (not wanted) at /mnt/Storage/TV/Backup/.

I'm currently running v 4.3.1 as that's the latest that is available for freebsd (as far as I can tell)

5e9c41e978a2e_Screenshotfrom202004190816

EDIT: Just restarted, triggered a backup manually though the ui, and it didn't dump it to my medial folder. So we'll see what happens tonight but the issue may have got away. 

Edited by nstephenh
  • Like 1

This is where the backup is getting copied to:

020-04-18 00:09:59.543 Info Server Configuration Backup: Copied up /var/db/emby-server/config/users/166b822f3fc9418f8fb7ed03099940db/policy.xml to /mnt/Storage/Backups/Emby Backups/Emby Backup - 2020-04-18 00.9.59 - Auto/users/nsh/policy.xml
2020-04-18 00:09:59.543 Info Server Configuration Backup: Copied up /var/db/emby-server/config/users/166b822f3fc9418f8fb7ed03099940db/sec.txt to /mnt/Storage/Backups/Emby Backups/Emby Backup - 2020-04-18 00.9.59 - Auto/users/nsh/sec.txt

That's what you're expecting, right?

nstephenh

Yes, but the playlist was still being duplicated. I came up with a solution: I dumped the playlist to my tv directory, then deleted it from "playlists", so it wouldn't be backed up. Coincidentally it stopped backing up to the TV directory after this. Don't know why. But it works now. 

I believe this still comes down to configuration. If you'd like to get to the bottom of it then @@cayars can jump on a teamviewer and try to look at what's happening.

@@nstephenh send me a PM if this is something you would like to do.  I'd be very happy to take a look and assist you.

Carlo