Collections not working

jcrower

jcrower

Hi all.

When I was using Emby 4.0.? my movies grouped into collections automatically.

I now have 4.4.2.0 installed and this hasn't happened for the most part.  Fresh install not an upgrade.

I had a look in Collections and there was one collection created; for the Insidious movies.  However only the first movie was in there along with the collection itself??? A collection within a collection.

I have manually created a collection for the [REC] movies and only added the first movie into it to see if it would kick start something... it hasn't.

This is what my home screen looks like:

5e9a90dbc0d91_Clipboard01.jpg

But when I click on Collections I get this:

5e9a910f38991_Clipboard02.jpg

Also of the [REC] movies I have all four, but [REC] 2 seems to be missing from the library altogether; another issue. The mp4 file definitely exists.

thanks

jc

I am also having this issue now!

though i have 4.4.1.0 installed

my personally created collections are not working for movies!, TV shows are still in the collections but not the movies.

I figured it was something to do with Auto Box sets, so i removed it.

but no change.

I looked at the html file in the collections folder, and all the movies appear to me listed correctly, but they don't appear in the collections view.
in fact some of the manually created collections don't even appear anymore, the only one that does has only tv shows listed in it.

it seems that all movies that i have added to existing collections are not visible anymore

e.g. I have a "DC animated" collection that I manually added all animated DC movies to, it now only shows a couple of superman animated movies.

yet, the HTML file lists all of them still.

not cool! I have spent a lot of time making collections.

Hi, that's strange. I would try recreating that collection.

I did this, 

It over-wrote the xml file in the collection folder and deleted the extrafanart and extrathumbs folders.

I restored a backup folder.

after a scan two collections with the same name were visible, the original with all movies and the new containing only 1, both with the same artwork.

I deleted the new one, but then the old one also was removed.

I tried again but this time even after restoring the folder from backup, only the new collection with one movie is visible, though it is displaying the art work from the original.

All the collections automatically created from Auto Boxsets seem fine, but any additions I made to them are gone, even though the entries are still in the xml files.

the entries are correct.

I can add movies to existing collections, but over writing the html files with backups that contained many additional movies dosnt seem to make any difference 

Edited by DUG

jcrower

I have manually created all the boxsets and they appear to work fine.  They just didn't generate automatically.

It's sad that I almost like spending just as much time managing my movies (setting custom images etc) as I do watching them!

I have manually created all the boxsets and they appear to work fine.  They just didn't generate automatically.

It's sad that I almost like spending just as much time managing my movies (setting custom images etc) as I do watching them!

We have that using the autoboxsets plugin.

We have that using the autoboxsets plugin.

I wont be using AutoBoxsets any more.

"All the collections automatically created from Auto Boxsets seem fine, but any additions I made to them are gone, even though the entries are still in the xml files.

the entries are correct."

AutoBoxsets is good at what it does, but its no longer allowing for custom boxsets, And to be honest, it generates far too much noise.

say i want to make a collection called "DC Animated" containing all of the DC cartoons in my library.. AutoBoxsets seems to have removed all the movies I added to that boxset and only insert a couple of Superman cartoons, it also changed the artwork and bio to suit the  death of superman.

another example (and this one is a frustration)

I created a "Christmas Special" collection where I have gradually over the years added all Christmas themed TV shows and movies.

AutoBoxSets (im assuming) has removed all the movies from the boxset, yet the TV episodes still appear. Although that is a relief I still have over a 1000 movies to go trough and re-add to various custom collections.

My issue seems to be resolved!

I ran a manual metadata refresh via metadata manager.

It seems that can not do it for the entire collections library, but if you go through each one that gives you issues, it seems they are restored.

i selected replace all metadata and selected replace images. this restored all movies and TV shows to my selected collections and restored the cover art.

I did also need to restore some of the collections *.xml files as they were wiped when i attempted to re-add items.

Hopefully this will also work for others