Remote (WAN) Access

creatortony

creatortony

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can help.

I just did a clean install of Ubuntu 18.04 and tried to get an emby server up and running but my remote WAN access address is stuck on http://mydomain:8096

I am trying to get it so that my remote wan access is HTTPS

I did import a cert from let's encrypt and selected secure connections required for all remote connections.

I have been doing research for hours and am pretty stumped here. Does anyone have any advice?

I can access the server locally, when I check if anything is using port 8920 my system says nothing is using it. If I can upload any files to help with debugging this please let me know which ones would help.

Edited by creatortony
  • Like 1

creatortony

Hi, I kept at it and gave up eventually. I just set up a reverse proxy rather than trying to figure it out. 

Thanks for your responses. 

I meant that I checked the port and nothing was using the port, where I checked port 8096 and emby was definitely using that. 

• 1 month later...
alexberlino

Chi mi aiuta ho lo stesso problema 

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can help.

I just did a clean install of Ubuntu 18.04 and tried to get an emby server up and running but my remote WAN access address is stuck on http://mydomain:8096

I am trying to get it so that my remote wan access is HTTPS

I did import a cert from let's encrypt and selected secure connections required for all remote connections.

I have been doing research for hours and am pretty stumped here. Does anyone have any advice?

I can access the server locally, when I check if anything is using port 8920 my system says nothing is using it. If I can upload any files to help with debugging this please let me know which ones would help.