TV Shows not being detected in Library scan

jcrower

jcrower

Hi all.

I have installed Emby 4.4.2.0 onto Ubuntu 18.04

I have a Synology NAS with a video share that has the following structure like so:

\video  
   \Movies
      movie1.mp4
      movie2.mp4
   \TV
      \tvshow1
         tvshow1 - s01e01.mp4
         tvshow1 - s01e02.mp4
      \tvshow2
         tvshow2 - s01e01.mp4
         tvshow2 - s01e02.mp4

My Movie library (Content Type: Movies - pointing to \Movies) was able to scan fine.

The TV Shows library (Content Type: TV shows - pointing to \TV) detects nothing at all.

Am I missing something? There is no option in Emby to search recursively, I assumed it would do that automatically.

thanks

jc

Hi there, you need to have folders for each series under your TV folder. We plan to be able to accommodate what you're doing in the future, but we're not quite there yet.

jcrower

Thanks for the reply.

I should have said that I initially had Emby 4.0 installed (different Ubuntu server) and it used the same folder structure.

I had moved the TV folder wholly to a different network drive and installed 4.4.2.0 to a new server.

Maybe my diagram wasn't clear. Here is a screenshot.  Do you mean the Seasons need to be in individual folders?

5e9b9ad0a99e2_Clipboard03.jpg

Happy2Play

The issue would be figuring out why your Series without season folders are not being recognized as Series by the episode naming scheme.  That would appear to be the issue to me.

But I am currently doing some testing on a new server install as this does not appear to be a issue on a updated older system.

jcrower

Hmm. I created season folders for Black Adder only (all other tv shows still have all seasons in one folder), did another scan and it picked everything up!  Seems it needed a kick start.

EDIT: I've been using Emby for a year and a half and have loved it so just bought a lifetime sub!

Edited by jcrower

Hmm. I created season folders for Black Adder only (all other tv shows still have all seasons in one folder), did another scan and it picked everything up!  Seems it needed a kick start.

EDIT: I've been using Emby for a year and a half and have loved it so just bought a lifetime sub!

Thanks for the feedback !