Library Scan hangs at 87.2%

jndefe15

jndefe15

As the title says, my library scan always gets stuck at 87.2% and thumbnail image extraction hangs at 0% . Ive attached logs. Ive tried reboots and even completely redoing the libraries, but nothing seems to help.

embyserver.txt

Edited by jndefe15

Hi, it's not stuck but rather just taking a long time, likely due to the thumbnail extractions. I would just be patient and allow it to finish. For faster scans you can always turn off the thumbnail extraction feature.

jndefe15

I had let it scan for almost 2 weeks before the latest restart. It sat at 87.2 for 2 days before I restarted. I'll let it go a while longer and see if anything changes.

The thumbnail feature can take a very long time depending on the size of your library. Also it looks like you enabled Moviedb metadata for episodes, which is considerably slower than tvdb due to the way their api works, as well as downloading of images in advance. 

So remember that while you're certainly free to turn on whatever extras you wish, none of them are free. All of them come with a cost that you have to consider if you're willing to handle or not.