Edit subtitles progress

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

I love being able to grab new or corrected subtitles for my media right from the couch! However, currently there's no way to see the progress of the download. My current method is to go to the subtitles list and select the drop-down but not choose anything. Once Emby sees the new subtitle it refreshes the page and the drop-down menu closes. When this happens I know a new subtitle has been scanned by the server and is ready, but man is this a pain in the ass when trying to find the right subtitle if you have to do trial and error checking.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

atomicmoon

Typically on Nvidia Shield, or Fire TV.
They download fast enough, there's just no way to tell when the server has found a new subtitle, other than the screen flashes momentarily once the refresh takes place.
Or, I use my method mentioned above where after I download a new one, I select the subtitle drop-down and then when the page refreshes with the new subtitles, the drop-down closes and I know the new subtitle is available.

Have you tried just playing right after the subtitle download is complete to see if it is available in the player OSD?

atomicmoon

Have you tried just playing right after the subtitle download is complete to see if it is available in the player OSD?

I have. They do not display in the (CC) menu option until Emby has scanned them, which only takes 30 seconds to a minute depending on what the server is doing at the current time.