Unable to continue watching

soultaco83
Go to solution Solved by soultaco83,

soultaco83

I have started to use emby over plex alot more recently. The only issue I have come across is on the web interface I am unable to continue watching shows or movies. The screen just seems to constantly buffer. I am on the docker version of emby on version 4.4.2.0

I am hoping to have some help on figuring out what is wrong. I have attached logs from a fresh restart and starting the continued show altered carbon. 

embyserver.zip

mastrmind11

so based on your subject and body I guess you're trying to say when you try to resume watching then it starts to buffer, but is fine playing otherwise?  This can be a number of things, so more detailed info is needed.

soultaco83

Yes it is when I resume watching. If I play the show or movie from the beginning it plays. I am also able to fast forward to where i left off. But if I back out and try to resume where I left off again it appears to buffer and load.

soultaco83

I have attempted a fresh install of emby. With no plugins except the default ones. I have had a friend test my server as well from edge, internet explorer and chrome. We are unable to have a show that was previous started and stopped, resume from where we left off. It seems to be fine on android emby app and in mobile browser mode so issue appears isolated to the full web browser. I am unsure on how to continue if anyone has any ideas. I can see that transcode files are being created for the videos. 

Edit: As a note I have no issues playing and resuming any videos from plex server. 

Edited by soultaco83

@@soultaco83 -

Three things to investigate:

• Could you please press F12 in the browser and then click on the "Console" tab. Try to resume a video and see whether some errors are reported there.
  • Please try to resume a video and see in the "Logs" section whether an ffmpeg log was generated. If yes, please post it her

Thanks,

softworkz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Solution
soultaco83

I am sorry for never getting back to this issue. Alot came up and it fell to the back burner. I was able to resolve the issue but with how long ago it was I am do not completely remember what did it.

• Like 1