Library doesn't load at Android Auto

JCasado84

Ok so you have a lot of content in your music library. Just for testing purposes, would you mind setting up a very small music library and see if it's able to load that one? We'd like to find out if it's related to the size of the library. Thanks.

pwhodges

I have (I believe) a fairly large music library - Emby says there are 3,330 Albums, 39,000 songs.  I can open my music library on my Android pad in either of those views without any problem. (Huawei MadiaPad M5, Emby client 3.1.28, library contains mixed flac, ogg/vorbis, m4a, mp3, opus)

EDIT: Oops - just realised this is about Android Auto - I'm not in a position to test that for a few days. 

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

JCasado84
3 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

I have (I believe) a fairly large music library - Emby says there are 3,330 Albums, 39,000 songs.  I can open my music library on my Android pad in either of those views without any problem. (Huawei MadiaPad M5, Emby client 3.1.28)

Paul

I have the problem in Android Auto. Can you open the library in Android Auto?

JCasado84
1 minute ago, pwhodges said:

Sorry - car is in dock for a while.

Paul

You don't need to run Android Auto in a car to test it. If you want to check it, you can download and run Android Auto on your pad, and open Emby in Android Auto environment

pwhodges

I looked at it, but couldn't see how to open Emby on the pad.  I set it to be first in the launcher, but can't see anything that follows the order I set - presumably because that's on the car display.  I can't see any apps on the phone/pad display.

EDIT:  Just worked it out

Paul.

Edited by pwhodges

JCasado84
3 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

I looked at it, but couldn't see how to open Emby on the pad.  I set it to be first in the launcher, but can't see anything that follows the order I set - presumably because that's on the car display.  I can't see any apps on the phone/pad display.

EDIT:  Just worked it out

Paul.

Thanks Paul. If you want to open Emby in Android Auto, you have to press the headphones icon:

IMG_20200817_205945.thumb.jpg.78e22c417c867817bc2b95d72ea272b8.jpg

pwhodges

My problem now is that I usually open my music in folder mode, which has comparatively small screens.  I've changed the default for my user, and the Emby app sees that, but going through Android Auto I still get the folder view.

Working on it...

Paul