Possible Bug with Genre Cleaner after Back-up Install (Sorted but Reporting It)

Brendon

Brendon

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you guys know of an issue i encountered with Genre Cleaner last night.

Over easter i did a server rebuild and re-installed emby using the backup plug-in, all was good until someone pointed out the genres were all kinds of f**ked up lol

Upon investigation more than half were missing and no matter what i did with Genre Cleaner or refreshing the libraries it did not want to sort them out. To fix the issue i had to remove the plug-in and do a full refresh on the metadata (search for missing meta only) it's taking some time as my media collection is rather large but they are all coming back now.

I have no idea why this happened but thought it best to make note of it on here in case anyone else runs into the problem or the devs want to look into it further.

Hi, are you saying the backup and restore did not preserve your genre cleaner settings, thereby resulting in unexpected genres?

Brendon

Hi, are you saying the backup and restore did not preserve your genre cleaner settings, thereby resulting in unexpected genres?

It literally wiped half of them out @@Luke, actually had a few problems with it.

After the reinstall everything looked good until it was pointed out genres like Action, Science Fiction and several others were missing from all libraries, the only way i could get them to return was remove the Genre Cleaner. Once i did that and rescanned the libraries everything came back as it should and not messy like a fresh metadata grab but only the genres the cleaner was supposed to let through exactly as i expected with the cleaner in play, only it was removed.

I then re-installed it to remove a few genres i dont use, all was good until i went to add a new genre. Added it to the genre cleaner so it let it through, then added it to the files but the cleaner kept wiping it out repeatedly no matter what i did, so uninstalled it and i was able to add the genres and they stayed.

So now i have it uninstalled and just reinstall it fresh if i need to do some cleaning, then remove it again.

If it helps, i can try and re-create it and nab the log files for you?

Edited by Brendon

Do you have local metadata files (nfo) with your media?  If so, the previously "cleaned" genres were already there.