Is it possible to export and import the TV recording schedule?

jspenc3

jspenc3

Is it possible to export and import the TV recording schedule?

I want to move my Emby server to another Windows 10 machine but don't want to lose my recorded show schedule.  If it was possible to use keywords it wouldn't be as bad, but since you have to wait until the show is on the Guide it could take a year before I'm able to re-add the seasonal shows.

Anyway, I can use the regular backup/restore process documented on the Wiki, but it doesn't really say (or it didn't last time I looked) if it would transfer the future TV recordings list.  How should I proceed to get it transferred?

Thx!

Our backup and restore processes and documentation currently do not cover the recording schedule. In the near future we'll be changing the way they are stored and then it will be easier to backup and restore them.

dranderson402

Look in your livetv folder and copy seriestimers.json and timers.json. On a windows server it's located in the windows user AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data\livetv folder.

• Thanks 1

jspenc3

Thanks for the suggestion dranderson402, since Luke confirmed that isn't in the backup system yet I'll may give that a try.

Luke,

Any comment on his suggestion before I bork something up?  I'm in I.T. so I can handle most issues, I just don't want to spend my weekend fixing something unnecessarily LOL.

Thanks for the suggestion dranderson402, since Luke confirmed that isn't in the backup system yet I'll may give that a try.

Luke,

Any comment on his suggestion before I bork something up?  I'm in I.T. so I can handle most issues, I just don't want to spend my weekend fixing something unnecessarily LOL.

I think in most cases what he suggests will work just fine.

maegibbons

In the near future ....

@@Luke you keep teasing us!!

Krs

Mark

A 'like' is always appreciated!

Edited by maegibbons