Unable to log into account

SikSlayer
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

SikSlayer

I just installed the most recent version as of 20 mins ago (at about 7:40 PM Eastern Time), and I can't log in. My account has no password.

I see the picture, name, and even a time (dunno what the time signifies) but I can't do anything, tapping it does nothing.

Edited by SikSlayer

• Solution
FrostByte

I just updated to 1.9.0.48 and can log in though I do have a password.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

I just updated to 1.9.0.48 and can log in though I do have a password.

Yes, that does work for me as well, but I didn't want/need a password on my account.

Obviously it's going to get fixed. Perhaps instead you might offer him thanks for investigating and giving you a workaround that you can use in the meantime.

SikSlayer

Obviously it's going to get fixed. Perhaps instead you might offer him thanks for investigating and giving you a workaround that you can use in the meantime.

Well first off, I didn't imply that I didn't know about the workaround to begin with, it was I who first mentioned I didn't have a password. I knew it was the cause. I thought bringing it up made that clear.

I certainly didn't mean to insult or disrespect anyone, but I don't think the tone you're taking with me, which is based on your own inaccurate assumption, is warranted.

But, no matter. I appreciate the timely and accurate responses from you and FrostByte. 

Edited by SikSlayer

7illusions

Thanks for reporting this. A fix is in certifiation @ microsoft, hopefully it passes quickly.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

Thanks for the prompt action!

I've since found use for setting a password, if I ever get bandwidth enough to stream across the Internet, I'll enable the port forwarding. Unfortunately, that's probably only ever going to happen if/when I move out of this state.

7illusions

Seems like micrsoft is trying to make up for the no-ip screw-up.. app certified in 29mins. :D

It will be out in the store in a few hours.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

I swear it was there only moments later. Thanks again!