MediaBrowser for MediaPortal

Armand

New release v0.13-beta !

Now with support for People/Artists including extra views in movie/tv/music.
More details in the changelog and behind the download link in the first post.

• Like 1

Tharnax

Would this be a good program to test on a little Zbox ID41-U?  I've got this little box running 8GB Ram, a 64 GB SSD with a clean install of Windows 8.1 Beta.  Unfortunately, I can't test WMC on it and I've been patiently waiting to try out MBT once it's released to public beta.  However, I was reading this thread about MediaPortal today and I wondered if MediaPortal/MB3 plug-in might be okay to test on this machine?

The little box isn't doing much of anything at the moment besides waiting for Windows updates.  The 8.1 beta will likely expire soon now that 8.1 has been officially released, so I'd be happy to install MediaPortal on it and test it out MB3 on it while I can, that is, if you think this little box has enough power to run it.

gthrift

I don't see why it wouldn't.  I'm running a couple of similar PCs in my house w/ Windows 7 and MBC.  It's not fast by any means but it gets the job done.  A quick search even lists your computer in the MediaPortal wiki

• Like 1

Tharnax

Thanks gthrift - great find!  Sounds like I'll be trying it out this weekend!

I had issues with Window 7 & WMC on this box even with hardware acceleration installed.  Mostly it was with 1080p DTS-HD videos in an .mkv container.  I'm just hoping that a combination of the "upgrades" in Windows 8 architecture and a dedicated media streaming device might get this type of video to play correctly.  All I can do is try it and see how it turns out.

gthrift

The problem you were having with performance under Windows 7 was likely codecs.  I'm not that familiar with MediaPortal but you might have the same issues.

It took me a while to get my codecs straitened out but now I can play any HD content with about 25-30% cpu usage.  I'm pretty sure this was the guide I followed to get it all straight, with a little tweaking.

• Like 1

Tharnax

You've likely hit the nail on the head and it is very possible it is a codec/configuration issue I'll just have to do some trial and error.  Maybe MediaPortal &/or MBT won't solve the issue.  I'm not a huge fan of codec packs and have tried to stay with the individual codecs required and maybe that's part of my problem.

Maybe MB3 with either MediaPortal or MBT will finally provide me the motivation to finally figure it out and get it working.

Thanks gthrift!

jasonmcroy

Just to add in here- I had some issues with MB3 Classic where it would no play some of my movie files that weren't in the MKV format. I was told it was a codec issue in Media Center causing the problem.

I have since moved over exclusively to Mediaportal with the MB3 plugin and all my files play great now. It even sounds better to me. I haven't gone back to Media Center since. Using Mediaportal on my laptop over Wifi with the MB3 plugin works great as well.

-Jason

LAV is the way to go yes nowadays. MediaPortal will install LAV by default and allows you to configure different codec combinations for different formats (TV, Bluray, DVD, SD, HD etc..).

I personally use LAV audio and video for everything except TV. For TV i use Cyberlink Video Decoder because the image just looks nicer that way.

And about the "i don't like codec packs" bit. Yes LAV is technically a codec pack but not in the traditional sense that it will install lots of different codecs on your system.

It's just LAV Video, Audio and Splitter with 3 different configuration panels if you want to tweak.

• Like 1

Tharnax

not in the traditional sense that it will install lots of different codecs on your system.

That was my concern with the Shark codec pack.  I'll install MediaPortal on it and give it ago.  Everyone's so helpful here, hopefully, if I run into playback issues I can get some support tweaking the settings to try and get it right.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes there is. I think Armand is in the process of moving so he's just been out of action for a couple weeks.

jasonmcroy

@@Luke

Thanks for the response. I did post this message over on the MediaPortal forum as well and he responded to me over there. He is in the process of moving as you said.

Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

Someone needs to update the first link. It still points to the 0.13 release, which is quite old despite the post saying "Latest Version". The latest version is available on the MP forums.

• 5 months later...
Tranquil

because the KODI implementation of EMBY is not really reliable for daily use, I wanted to give media portal a try.

Unfortunately, this plugin does not seem to work, at least for me.

I have a fresh installed MP on my Windows 7 testing system and installed the plugin mentioned in the first post. After starting MP I cant see the plugin or how to configure it.

What I'm doing wrong?

Is this plugin still under development? 

saitoh183

because the KODI implementation of EMBY is not really reliable for daily use, I wanted to give media portal a try.

Unfortunately, this plugin does not seem to work, at least for me.

I have a fresh installed MP on my Windows 7 testing system and installed the plugin mentioned in the first post. After starting MP I cant see the plugin or how to configure it.

What I'm doing wrong?

Is this plugin still under development? 

@@Tranquil

It is dead in the water for now unless someone picks it up. As for Emby for Kodi...what i suggest is to try the latest version and if it works, dont change till it stops working. It is still in beta but it should go stable soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well it seems nobody cares. Anyone willing to take a bribe to patch the client to work with current versions of Emby? Sure wish I could code :-(