Hide LAN IP when using Emby Connect

DePiglio

DePiglio

Right now when a user connects through Emby Connect, both the LAN IP and Remote IP are exposed so the server can check if the user is on the local network.

I think it would be a useful feature if we could disable this so the LAN IP isn't shown, so those who are using a reverse proxy can keep their servers IP hidden.

rechigo

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what harm presenting the LAN IP poses from a security standpoint

For what it's worth, you can go under the network settings and enter "127.0.0.1" in the local IP address field which will take away the LAN IP presented to Emby Apps and Emby Connect (if you use emby connect to sign into your server from within your local network, it'll use the remote address as the LAN IP is no longer present to the Emby connect service)

• Like 1

For what it's worth, you can go under the network settings and enter "127.0.0.1" in the local IP address field which will take away the LAN IP presented to Emby Apps and Emby Connect

That may also cause the server to report 127.0.0.1 as it's local address, which means apps will always be trying to use that first. Maybe that won't be a bother if the attempts fail quickly and then switch to the remote address, but if they need to wait for the full request timeout it will be an annoyance.

• Like 1