Network Path

sarieri

sarieri

Hi,

So I have a NAS running as a vm and emby running in docker in unraid. Right now I have the guest read permission turned on in my NAS for the folders that emby needs to read. I'm just wondering if there is any way that I could have emby read the NAS folder without turning on the guest read permission. I have tried to mount NAS folders as NFS in unraid but unraid will not be able to shutdown once a while because it cannot unmount the folder anymore even if emby is turned off.

Thanks in advance guys.

sarieri

Hi, what type of NAS?

Synology(xpenology in a vm).

I just managed to mount the shared folder of synology in unraid as smb shares. It seems smb shares could be unmounted without a problem. I don't know why mounting the folder as NFS shares often has problems with unmounting.

mastrmind11

I don't know if the 2 are unrelated, but it might just be a misunderstanding of how NFS actually works between environments.  I have no idea how these NAS devices set up sharing, but generally speaking with NFS, the user and uid/gid has to be the same on both the NAS and the server in order to properly share NFS mounts.  So whoever the emby user is on the server, you'd need to create an emby user on the NAS, and set the uid/gid the same on the NAS device as exist on the server.   So yeah, maybe related, or maybe just a misunderstanding of how NFS actually works.