Fire Stick Voice Commands

worthmo

worthmo

I have an amazon fire stick that has voice built-in.  Should I be able to use voice commands such as "Start Emby" or when I'm in the Emby application "Search Big Bang Theory"?  The "Start Emby" command appears to direct me to the Alexa/Emby app.  If Emby is running on the fire stick and I say "Search Big Bang Theory" a search outside of Emby is performed. 

blade005

I have an amazon fire stick that has voice built-in.  Should I be able to use voice commands such as "Start Emby" or when I'm in the Emby application "Search Big Bang Theory"?  The "Start Emby" command appears to direct me to the Alexa/Emby app.  If Emby is running on the fire stick and I say "Search Big Bang Theory" a search outside of Emby is performed. 

I have not used it much, but once you are inside the Emby Fire TV app you can select the SEARCH icon and when the keyboard layout is on screen you can use the VOICE button on the Fire TV remote to auto fill your search prompt. The Fire TV VOICE button allows you to send Alexa commands just as if you were using an Echo smart speaker in your ecosystem. I would think that you could incorporate the EMBY with ALEXA SKILL to control more things from outside of the Emby Fire TV app.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/174-amazon-alexa/

Hi.  This should work through the Alexa skill.  The fire does its voice through Alexa as opposed to using the standard Android voice (which is Google Home).