Disclaimer / AUP on web client login screen

nocrap

nocrap

Hi All,

Is there any way to add a disclaimer or acceptable use policy text to the user login screen in the Microsoft web client?

Thanks

nocrap

Being a school i want to add a short bit of text in regarding the content being used in line with our ERA+ license (content only to be used for educational purposes, etc)

• Like 1

Being a school i want to add a short bit of text in regarding the content being used in line with our ERA+ license (content only to be used for educational purposes, etc)

Awesome, yes, we can look at that for the next release.

nocrap

Thank you

The way I envisaged it working previously was either something, like i said, on the login screen (or a popup when the user attempts to log in) or alongside the video clip itself (but this would require some sort of bulk add option and would then have to be added by default to each new clip... so probably not an easy option).

Edited by nocrap

We could add customizable text to the log in screen but you are probably also going to want the option to force a log-out since, right now, the current user will stay logged in forever so you won't see that disclaimer much.

nocrap

I think it should be OK without the force logout as each user will be accessing it from a different workstation and their local profile and cache gets deleted at (windows) log off...

I assume theirs some sort of cookie or other element which tells the server that this is a known client session?

Sven

An other option is to add a checkbox on the User profile. Display a disclaimer when you start watching a movie...

Something better would be you can group some people. And have a checkbox on that group. That the whole group get's a disclaimer.

It could also be easy at home.... You can put kids in a separate group and prevent them for adult movies....

Beardyname

An other option is to add a checkbox on the User profile. Display a disclaimer when you start watching a movie...

Something better would be you can group some people. And have a checkbox on that group. That the whole group get's a disclaimer.

It could also be easy at home.... You can put kids in a separate group and prevent them for adult movies....

I think we have to remember that most of us are not gonna use a feature like this, and therefor I think that the best solution would be to display it on login. And have a matching setting somewhere for turning this text box on and off.

you can revoke their current access and make them sign in again.

How would this work in a normal sign-in situation?  An Admin would have to go in and specifically disable someone, and then come back and re-enable them, no?

The way the web client stores sign in now, you basically never get the log-in screen once you've logged in once.

The admin will be able to see the list of authentication tokens that have been issued, and revoke some if they want. Those apps will then get bounced to the login screen.

That isn't really very practical at all for the situation I was suggesting - an entire school of teachers where you want to be sure they log in each day.  An admin has to go and manually revoke their privileges?

Now, for this particular user, it sounds like it will get taken care of by their other security measures but, if we really wanted to support this we'd need to provide the ability to set the expiration of the tokens to 1 day or whatever so it just automatically works without user intervention.

We dont' need to do anything special as far as kicking people to the login screen because the upcoming security features will be able to do that. If you really want them to see the disclaimer, you can revoke their current access and make them sign in again. If you don't care, then you can just leave it, and they'll see it the next time they use the login screen.

The admin will be able to see the list of authentication tokens that have been issued, and revoke some if they want. Those apps will then get bounced to the login screen.

AdrianW

Has this altered the login screen? 

I used to get a page showing all the user icons, and I could simply click my user icon to login (I don't have passwords enabled).

But, now I get a manual "Please sign in" screen with user and password fields.

I can bypass the login by clicking the mediabrowser logo at the top left of that screen - but I end up browsing my collection rather than going to the config page.

Is there an option somewhere to enable the original (user icon based) login screen?

psykix

Never mind, my problem is sorted - had to clear safari cookies and now authentication works as expected :-)

Edited by psykix