HEVC 1080 10bit no picture

Tlsefred31

Tlsefred31

On my side, when I want to launch a HEVC -10 bit with Android TV application, the sound is perfect but I don't have any video, screen remains black.

I can confirm that it's not a device issue, because when I launch the same movie with my Tv Media Center, everything is ok.

I don't know if you already work on this problem, but if you need a logfile, don't hesitate to tell me.

On my side, when I want to launch a HEVC -10 bit with Android TV application, the sound is perfect but I don't have any video, screen remains black.

I can confirm that it's not a device issue, because when I launch the same movie with my Tv Media Center, everything is ok.

I don't know if you already work on this problem, but if you need a logfile, don't hesitate to tell me.

Hi, yes can we please look at an example? thanks.

Tlsefred31

Hi, yes can we please look at an example? thanks.

I sent you a report, around 16h10 (french hour), with my username "Tlsefred31"

Movie is "Jumanji: next level", it's working in direct play, but I don't have any video, only sound.

And as said previously, with my TV Mediat Center, it's ok.

Tlsefred31

Hi.  This is a 720p TV?

If I can watch movie H265 10-Bit only by using the Media Center installed on my TV, I think that I can say that I don't have any problem to read this kind of format with my TV

Edited by Tlsefred31

If I can watch movie H265 10-Bit only by using the Media Center installed on my TV, I think that I can say that I don't have any problem to read this kind of format with my TV

Sorry, I was asking if the TV is actually only a 720p model...?

It looks like that is the case.  That shouldn't be a problem but that is an unusual thing about it so may be releated.

There are no errors in the log you sent.  I cannot see why video wouldn't display - unless your TV is advertising support for something it actually cannot handle.

Tlsefred31

Sorry, I was asking if the TV is actually only a 720p model...?

It looks like that is the case.  That shouldn't be a problem but that is an unusual thing about it so may be releated.

There are no errors in the log you sent.  I cannot see why video wouldn't display - unless your TV is advertising support for something it actually cannot handle.

It seems to be the case

My TV 32HZ5006 specification is HD TV : Entrée num. HDCP + 16:9 + YUV + 720 lignes + 720p/1080i + Tuner HD MPEG4

Edited by Tlsefred31

It seems to be the case

720p/1080i 

Ahhhh... and this item is 1080p

Curious that you have no problem with h264 though...

If you use the "Playback Correction.." menu a couple of times during playback, can you ever get it to display video?

Tlsefred31

I can confirm that for movies 1080p, h264 or h265 I don't have any problem to watch them with Emby on my TV.

It concerns only h265 10-bit

For exemple, if I encode a video h265 10-bit in h265, it will work with emby.

And using "Playback Correction" launch the video but it blocks instantaneously

And can you select the option again at that point?

Your TV is reporting support for HEVC 10bit but I find that to be highly doubtful...

Tlsefred31

I sent you just now a report,

For TV Shows, "The Boys"

Direct play also, watching a HEVC x265 video previously HEVC x265 - 10 bit before I've encoded it.

It's just to investigate if there is a gap between this format which works perfectly and x265 - 10 bit.

When I select once more the option, the video and sound freeze each 5 secondes

Okay, so transcoding makes it play properly but your server is not powerful enough to do the transcode in real time.

Since your TV is telling the app it supports this when it really doesn't, I think the only option right now will be to create or obtain a non-10bit color version of the item.  Do you have other devices that support 10bit?  If not, you really shouldn't be using that as a source.

Tlsefred31

Okay, so transcoding makes it play properly but your server is not powerful enough to do the transcode in real time.

Since your TV is telling the app it supports this when it really doesn't, I think the only option right now will be to create or obtain a non-10bit color version of the item.  Do you have other devices that support 10bit?  If not, you really shouldn't be using that as a source.

I'm using a Fire Stick also on other TV, but not 4K, so it doesn't work with this device too, maybe it should work with Fire Stick 4K, I don't know.

But for my Android TV, I really don't understand why I can watch 10-bit movies with the Media Center installed in my TV, and not with Emby.

I'm using a Fire Stick also on other TV, but not 4K, so it doesn't work with this device too,

What, exactly, does "doesn't work" mean? 

Tlsefred31

What, exactly, does "doesn't work" mean? 

HEVC 10-bit video doesn't work with my other device, which is a Fire Stick installed on other TV, Emby try to transcode but video freeze each 5 seconds.

I understand now that my Synology DS218J doesn't support this transcoding.

But to get back to my TV, I really don't understand why there is an issue with Emby and not with the Media Center.

Edited by Tlsefred31

HEVC 10-bit video doesn't work with my other device, which is a Fire Stick installed on other TV, Emby try to transcode but video freeze each 5 seconds.

I understand now that my Synology DS218J doesn't support this transcoding.

It works, it is just that your server isn't powerful enough for what you need it to do with this content.

But to get back to my TV, I really don't understand why there is an issue with Emby and not with the Media Center.

The TVs player is built natively on the TV platform and may be doing some sort of conversion in this instance - hard to know for sure but I'll bet it isn't an Android app.  So, completely different underlying systems.

The bottom line here is, if you don't have 4K 10-bit capable systems, you should look for content that is not 10bit and everything will be better :).

Tlsefred31

Thanks for your support

HEVC is supporting as direct play also with Fire Stick.

My only problem is with HEVC 10-bit, which is direct play on my TV with Emby Android TV, and with my Direct Stich which is transcoding.

I Understand now the issue about the transcoding, but not with my TV.

It's not a transcoding problem because I can watch 10-bit movies on my Android TV without Emby.

Hope, some day I could see all my videos with Emby :)

Don't stop to support all users, it's really nice for us to talk with you and try to resolve all kind of problem that we can have.

Sorry if my english is not really easy to understand, it's not my mother tongue, but I'm trying to improve it each day :)