Question about my user transcoding permissions

chuckr1958

chuckr1958

Greetings again.  I'm a PLEX convert and have been enjoying Emby, so much, I bought the subscription.  Everything seemed to have worked out of the box.  I download my movies and TV shows and convert them to MP4.  Everything played everywhere... Apple TV, iPad, iPhone and yes, even on Windows.  And then, Apple updated on my devices and not one thing plays anymore.  I get the spinning wheel of color and I have to end the app just to get out of it.  I've tried different settings, and maybe get a video to show up, but it stutters so bad that you cannot watch it.  I've tried to use a browser, such as Safari, and it works for the most part.  I'll get about 10 minutes and it stops, waiting to what look like buffering.   No one in my family who has watched it on Apple TV's can no longer watch.  So I don't know if it caused by the Apple updates, or the latest Emby update.  So if anyone can assist and make suggestions, that would be great.  I can't sit and watch shows on my computer when I have a nice media center to watch it.  Thanks. 

embyserver.txt

Edited by chuckr1958

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
chuckr1958

Thanks @@Luke, sorry I didn't get back to you.  I enabled that for all the users and with the new release of the Apple TV app, I have not heard any more issues about it. 

• 2 weeks later...