manual override for transcode/codec settings

MagicDoubleM

MagicDoubleM

I'd really like to have more control over what the client requests/allows in terms of codecs, resolution, HDR on/off and data-rate to a have a way to fine-tune things. Maybe we can see the sometimes requested post-processing filters (Yadif, Sharpening etc.) in this place too?

Fr example I'd prefer to get 4kHDR material transcoded to 4kHDR with just lower datarate, then 2kHDR for a certain client, while on another client the 4kSDR-target makes more sense (as soon as tone-mapping is working).

On another client i have trouble with a bunch of audio-codecs and would prefer to get everything except DD and DD+transcoded to DD+ (well, yeah, there is a hidden request, pleeeeeeease add DD+ ;) ). It's a FireTV-Cube, but it's connected with some Echo speakers which work as cinema-set. So this is not the most common set and there is probably no way to know for emby what's best here (it's not exactly what the FireTV can usually handle).

I'd also see those kind of options, additionally, in the settings on the server-side, maybe even on a per-user base...

• Like 1