Multiple version indicator during playback.

sambarlick

sambarlick

I'm not sure if this has been requested already, I couldn't find it. Would it be possible to have an indicator of which version of a movie or episode the user is watching during playback?

The text from the preplay screen used to select the version could could be used and displayed next to the movie or episode title when it's displayed during playback.

I noticed recently when playing a movie I have with 2 versions that I made my selection and as the movie was loading the selection within the version menu changed to the other version. As both versions of this movie have very similar lengths and bitrates it made me realise there is no way to determine which version the server is actually playing.

• Like 3

darkmark

I was just about to post asking the exact same thing!

Somehow I'd like to know which media someone is watching, and which particular version they are watching and possibly even which audio stream they're using ... maybe?

For example, I was just trying to diagnose an audio playback issue with a remote non-tech user which turned out to be an issue with the Samsung TV on the particular 7.1 audio track.  However as it was direct playing (so no transcoding detail) all I can see from the server end was the title.

Thanks

Mark

Somehow I'd like to know which media someone is watching, and which particular version they are watching and possibly even which audio stream they're using ... maybe?

That is actually a different request.  This request is on the device that the person is watching (in the OSD during playback).

It sounds like you are asking for the information on the server dashboard and there is already a FR for that as well.

Display which version a user is playing in Dashboard Acti...

darkmark

That is actually a different request.  This request is on the device that the person is watching (in the OSD during playback).

It sounds like you are asking for the information on the server dashboard and there is already a FR for that as well.

I appreciate that it would have to come from the client, which is why I said "maybe".  The reason I bundled it here is that there must be feedback from client to server for selection of audio stream for transcoding to work?

The other FR is very similar, I thought it fitted more within this thread as I'd just like to know Film, Version, Audio Track and less worried about actual formats.   

Would always showing the existing info (I) button. which shows during transcoding, and adding the media details in that satisfy everyone?

Looking at the git repo I'm guessing Emby is now closed source? Just wondering as we now have a world of programmers locked indoors :-(

Mark