Sony Blu-Ray Player Connects to DLNA but Loads From Wrong Profile

Jobber8742

Jobber8742

So my main profile has all of our movies, kids, movies, tv shows etc. I have a second password protected profile that has stuff not appropriate for little kids on it. I was messing with my sons Blu-Ray player in his room and noticed the Media Browser icon on the DLNA and it pulled up my Media Browser media folders. The issue was that is was finding the folders that are attached to the password protected profile and not the main one. There is some overlap in folders for both profiles, but this Blu-Ray player was missing the folder unique to the main profile and included the folders unique to the secondary profile as well as the mutal folders. Is there any way to change this? I'd rather not have my 4 year old clicking on something he shouldn't.

Edit: This is also showing the same folders on my Sony Smart TV.

Edited by Jobber8742

Look in the dlna settings. You can pick which user library to display.

Jobber8742

Look in the dlna settings. You can pick which user library to display.

Thanks. I don't know why I couldn't find that before. I was looking all over for some setting. Works perfect now.

• 2 years later...

The latest beta of Emby Server, 3.1.125, has numerous fixes for Sony Blu ray players from years 2013-2016. The changes will also be in the next stable release of Emby Server. Since I have a device for testing I am now able to test it fully and with the changes I've made everything is now playing perfectly.

It's possible that some of these improvements can be applied to older players or sony bravia tv's, but I do not have those devices available to test with, so for that I'll need to rely on community help. Enjoy.