Vista still supported?

rocketkarl
Go to solution Solved by speechles,

rocketkarl

I've hunted through the main site and these forums, but can't seem to find anywhere that lists which OS versions are supported by each of the MB downloads.  Is there such a list somewhere?

Specifically, I'm wondering about Vista 32 bit.  Looks like MB Theater and Server work in Vista.  Got confirmation in another thread that serverWMC does not - though granted that's not part of the MB suite.

How about MB Classic?  When I try to install, the installed runs, and brings up WMC at the home screen, but I don't get prompted for which MB user, and there are no new icons in WMC to presumably launch MB Classic.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

KARL

rocketkarl

Thanks.  Don't suppose the old versions are still posted anywhere?  Be interesting to see what would happen running an old Vista Classic app connecting to a new server version.

KARL

politby

That's not going to work, unfortunately. MBS requires MB3.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Solution

There is the plugin ( https://code.google.com/p/videobrowser/downloads/detail?name=MCE_Media_Browser2_3_2.msi ) but not sure it functions any longer since the project long since moved on. Long live videobrows..ERM, I mean mediabrowser!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

rocketkarl

It does work - thank you speechles!  I've probably got 3 separate cover art collections now for the same content, but I'll deal with that later.

It's obviously not as fancy as the new interface, but it beats the Vista DVD Library MCE UI.   Thanks again!