Youtube and Youtube TV

DrMike

DrMike

I would love to emby to interface with Youtube and Youtube TV allowing me to be ale to use there services inside of emby.

chef

Hi! Yes, this has been requested in the past. Unfortunately, there wasn't a public API to create the plugin. It is against terms and conditions to scrape data from the internet.

While I think there is a YouTube API where we could gather the data from your channel, the playback has to be fed through the official YouTube player and that can be difficult or not even supported on some platforms so that slows us down on this a bit.

• 2 years later...

If i copy the link to a video it can be played outside youtube with free webplugins. (like pretty photo)

If a plugin like that is used maybe we can make a "virtual folder" with youtube videos.

Like emby reads a playlist that we have added videos to.

That would be nice.

4 minutes ago, skoog said:

If i copy the link to a video it can be played outside youtube

There are plenty of ways to technically play the video but they don't all adhere to YouTube's terms of use which we must.

We do play trailers from YT on platforms where we can properly support it but there are some platforms where we just cannot (Roku is one).