[CLOSED] Playback error - h265

trekkie690

trekkie690

Curious if anyone else has had this problem and resolved it.

I have mostly used Handbrake to backup and stream my dvds and blu rays in my house. I convert them to h265 because its compression and streaming quality (in my opinion) is better. Emby has done fine streaming to my system from version 4.3.0 and prior. Upgraded to 4.4.0.40 and it worked fine for a few days, then i started to get the playback error (see attached image) for all media when watching on my normal browsers (Firefox/chrome). Check media that i knew was h264. It still  worked, though it shows as direct streaming. I can still watch my media, but only with MS Edge which can direct stream h265, or my IoT devices that can receive direct streams as well (so im not dead in the water).

The ffmpeg logs looks like there is an error with h265 trans-coding when it would trans-code to h264 to my browser. Anyone have a similar issue and resolve it, is this just an ffmpeg issue and i wait for the future patch, or should i download ffmpeg on my linux system and point to it to stream the media?

Forgot to add, i did upgrade to 4.4.1.0 which is where the logs are from. Same issue

referencing another thread on the same subject

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/84281-playback-error-no-compatible-streams-are-currently-available/

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-d7353d59-28db-4291-815b-58b38fb806df_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-d528e9b2-2b7b-470a-9de8-783f838a88a2_1.txt

post-252312-0-20696300-1585990731_thumb.png

Edited by trekkie690

• 1 month later...