EMBY plays random program - not what was requested

CHRIS DUNNINGTON
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

CHRIS DUNNINGTON

Hi

i recently downloaded Emby Server for Windows and added all of my movies. this worked fine and i was able to watch any movie on my mobile or tablet with no problem.

Today however, I created a new library for TV Shows and things started to go wrong. so far I have added 3 folders from my external hard drive which all show up correctly in Emby under TV Shows \ Folders. When I try to play any of the TV Shows though, Emby just selects any file at random and plays that instead. The screen titledisplays correctly but the program is from a completely different folder.

Movies still seem to play OK. Problem only seems to be with items in TV Shows\Folders.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Chris

PS: log files attached

CHRIS DUNNINGTON

Hi

sure.

i created a new library - type TV Shows.

i then added 3 folders from my PC, Aircrash Investigation being one of them, plus 2 drama series.

before i added any more i decided to check that everything was working ok. i went back to the Home page, clicked on TV Shows and then Folders from the horizontal menu bar. Everything was there and looked OK. I then selected an episode from one of the drama series to play. The information on the screen was correct, showing the name of the drama and episode number. However, what actually played was an episode from Air Crash Investigation which is in a completely different folder.

I tried this several times with the same results.

• Solution

i then added 3 folders from my PC, Aircrash Investigation being one of them, plus 2 drama series.

Hi.  You would not add the individual series folders to the library setup.  You just add the parent folder for all the series folders...

• Like 1

CHRIS DUNNINGTON

HI

Thank you for help.

I have now resolved the problem.  My fault needless to say.  Directory structure and file naming was incorrect.

:wacko: