Streaming a live church service in Firefox from Emby to my TV

jnyreb

jnyreb

Can iptv do this? I pasted the link into the display name  on the Firefox device but no soap. I stream from Emby to Roku and it works. The Roku is shown in devices as is Firefox. The TV sees iptv but that's all. Am I woofing up the wrong tree? It wouldn't be the first time.

Thanks for your help.

Charlie Bishop

jnyreb

The service is streamed live on Sundays on the church's Facebook page. Today I have been trying to run the video of Sunday"s service posted on the Facebook page to the Roku. I copied the videos url to the display name space in the "edit metadata" on the Firefox device. That's the only place I can find to tell it any thing. The iptv screen shows on the Roku with the little tools icons on the upper right but that's all.

Just curious so that we can improve :)

What gave you the impression that editing a display name would do anything other than just change the display name?

jnyreb

I didn't think it would, But it was all I had found. Since then I have found the link building set up under add-ons. The Facebook deal doesn't work likely because of the login to Fbook. I have since built a link to a video on the front page of youtube. The video works in the browser but in iptv on the Roku it buffers, shows the progress bar, and fails with the red error banner.

Is there someplace where I can find "Emby for Dummies" documentation. What I have found with iptv tells me about all the wonderful things I can do but not how to do them. I have no desire to be a pain. I just want to make it work.