Restored a server. Now many new users complaining of someones watch history and favorites.

WhoDis

WhoDis

How can I mass remove them?

I dont know how it happened

Lots of my users are complaining new accounts that I set them up appear used.

How can I scrub user history?

Happy2Play

How can I mass remove them?

I dont know how it happened

Lots of my users are complaining new accounts that I set them up appear used.

How can I scrub user history?

Logged as the user or have them do it, multi-select each library on home screen and click the three dot menu in top right and mark unplayed.

As for Favorites only way I know of is Deleting the user and recreating them.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

I guess if you use the Server Configuration Backup plugin, you could create a New user, runs a backup, then restore that new users data to all other users.

WhoDis

Logged as the user or have them do it, multi-select each library on home screen and click the three dot menu in top right and mark unplayed.

As for Favorites only way I know of is Deleting the user and recreating them.

I guess if you use the Server Configuration Backup plugin, you could create a New user, runs a backup, then restore that new users data to all other users.

hey I tried this

problem is completely new users are getting created with watch history and favorites

Happy2Play

hey I tried this

problem is completely new users are getting created with watch history and favorites

Note sure then, I just created two new users and they contained no watched status or favorites.

I guess you would need to list the exact steps your taking.

Edited by Happy2Play

WhoDis

Where is the watch data coming from?

I am assuming the library.sql database I copy pasted to avoid scanning everything again

Happy2Play

I am assuming the library.sql database I copy pasted to avoid scanning everything again

By doing that you are maintaining userdata, so I would assume recreating same username would relink existing userdata.

Actually it looks like the userdata table in library.db is indexed starting with userid 1 and so on.  So without the users.db each added users would get linked to existing index userid userdata.

Edited by Happy2Play

WhoDis

By doing that you are maintaining userdata, so I would assume recreating same username would relink existing userdata.

Actually it looks like the database is index starting with user 1 and so on.  So without the users.db each added users would get linked to existing index id users userdata.

so how do I fix this?

Happy2Play

so how do I fix this?

Post 3 if you are Premiere.

Otherwise you have to manually clear them via the UI.  Or shutdown Emby, open the database, go to usersdata table and clear each userid that needs clearing.  You can look at the users.db to see what id is assigned to each user.

WhoDis

Post 3 if you are Premiere.

Otherwise you have to manually clear them via the UI.  Or shutdown Emby, open the database, go to usersdata table and clear each userid that needs clearing.  You can look at the users.db to see what id is assigned to each user.

I tried post 3

problem is new users created also have a watch history

CBers

Don't restore your users from the Server Backup plugin, but create new ones and then restore watched status from old user to new user, even if the names are the same.

Done it many times in the past without any issue, but YMMV.

Happy2Play

The issue may be you have lots of indexed userids in you database and have to create beyond that number to have a clean user.  Only looking in the database will tell.

WhoDis

The issue may be you have lots of indexed userids in you database and have to create beyond that number to have a clean user.  Only looking in the database will tell.

yes I feel that might be the case

but that'll take a long time unfortunately was hoping for a easier solution

Happy2Play

Not having proper databases, you have to do all the work manually.

Should be easy enough to look at the users.db and see your last id, then go to the library.db usersdata table sort userid column delete everything after your last userid number.

WhoDis

Not having proper databases, you have to do all the work manually.

Should be easy enough to look at the users.db and see your last id, then go to the library.db usersdata table sort userid column delete everything after your last userid number.

ok see my current user.db

see lets say have 5 members

check library db has 50 members

so I need to delete everything in library db after 5 members? (side question. If I delete everything including members will that fix the issue for existing users?)

and then add 6th member

and then new users added will have clean history?

Happy2Play

ok see my current user.db

see lets say have 5 members

check library db has 50 members

so I need to delete everything in library db after 5 members? (side question. If I delete everything including members will that fix the issue for existing users?)

and then add 6th member

and then new users added will have clean history?

You need to delete all troubled userids and anything beyond your current 5 users.

You can see  the actual NAME for each id in the users.db.

Or since you have Server Configuration Backup plugin clear all data in usersdata table, and restore only your known good userdata.

WhoDis

You need to delete all troubled userids and anything beyond your current 5 users.

You can see  the actual NAME for each id in the users.db.

Or since you have Server Configuration Backup plugin clear all data in usersdata table, and restore only your known good userdata.

ah so I can edit userdata table in a backup I create? clear everything and restore using server configuration backup and I wont have to deal with doing anything else

that would be less work

Edited by supedup321
  • Like 1