Cannot Switch Server

snodrog742

snodrog742

Not sure if Linux issue or not but since that's the server I'm on when I can't switch, posting it here.

If I'm on any of our other 3 servers (2 Windows & 1 Linux) the Settings screen loads fine.  I've cleared cache, tried different browsers, VPN, etc.  It's just this server.

Cannot Switch Server.mov

Other issues include Android apps getting black screen when opening content on this server but when on one of our other 3 servers, they're fine.

User on Emby Theater sees this when playing an item even though item is scanned and in library:

post-113517-0-65486100-1585533485_thumb.png

Have tried 4.4.0.40 and beta 4.5.0.2 with same results.

Seems to be working ok from here. can you capture the contents of the browser debug console? thanks.

snodrog742

Seems to be working ok from here. can you capture the contents of the browser debug console? thanks.

Will PM them

Edited by snodrog742

Hmm, I would just clear app data for the site. This might be due to a defect in the online web app from a couple weeks ago, it was live for about a half day before i resolved it. Thanks.

• Like 1

snodrog742

Hmm, I would just clear app data for the site. This might be due to a defect in the online web app from a couple weeks ago, it was live for about a half day before i resolved it. Thanks.

How?  I cleared browser cache/data.  What steps are you suggesting?

Clear browsing data so that it makes you login again as if you've never visited if before.

• Like 1

snodrog742

Clear browsing data so that it makes you login again as if you've never visited if before.

Three times now I've said I've done this, Luke. I'm trying to really be nice to you but struggle very much when you do not read what has been provided.  This is not a "me" issue.  I've tried multiple browsers and that rules out any data cache issues.  I've shown you the debug which clearly shows an error.  Do your part to help and not suggestions I've already told you have been completed.

Edited by snodrog742

snodrog742

Really funny how you always just ghost those who disagree with you.  Classic every single time I've requested help.

Not that you care or deserve to know but the community does - resetting the server devices ID fixed this.

Happy2Play

Sorry how is a reply 19 hours being ghosted?

But a issue that only affects one person is almost impossible to troubleshoot.  All you can do is test and wait and see if anyone else reports the same issue.  I know I have not seen this issue on any Windows test, beta, or stable system. 

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

snodrog742

Sorry how is a reply 19 hours being ghosted?

But a issue that only affects one person is almost impossible to troubleshoot.  All you can do is test and wait and see if anyone else reports the same issue.  I know I have not seen this issue on any Windows test, beta, or stable system. 

Because he can at least say "Let me look into this.." or exactly as you said, you hadn't seen this before.  Instead he posts to try something I clearly stated was done in the original post and then just bugs out, as usual.  Sorry, that's ghosting and avoiding.  Guaranteed 100% he would not revisit the topic.

Happy2Play

I personally see Luke over posting but that is just my opinion.   As there is no other forum I have ever been on that a dev posts this often.

• Like 1

snodrog742

I personally see Luke over posting but that is just my opinion.   As there is no other forum I have ever been on that a dev posts this often.

I don't disagree and that wasn't what I said.  I said he ghosted my support questions as usual.  Regardless, it's resolved.

I don't like to see anyone left behind.

I personally see Luke over posting but that is just my opinion. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

hey I am having the same issue, how did you fix this?

Hi there, where are you having this issue?